I hate going to concerts.. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 10-21-2002, 03:52 PM   #16
Local Time: 08:00 AM
This is why I love living in California.

NO smoking indoors . YAY!

Old 10-21-2002, 04:22 PM   #17
The Fly
Local Time: 11:00 AM
I love concerts! I used to be a smoker, but I'd only smoke at out door venues. Its weird though, cause I'm really claustrophobic, but I can semi-deal with all the people though. I was in a mosh pit for the warped tour and it was fun but the guys were SO rough, like there's a big difference between fun moshing and all out brawls. I ended up leaving early. I'm in the mood to go to a concert now, lol. Maybe soon, I'll have to see who's playing.

Old 10-21-2002, 04:43 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:00 PM

Originally posted by oktobergirl
This is why I love living in California.

NO smoking indoors . YAY!

There's no smoking indoors at these venues either - at least the big places, I know smaller places like where Mona goes to runs the risk of a few impeding other's enjoyments.......

but last night, there was no smoking, certainly no pot allowed! that doesn't stop 'em!
Old 10-21-2002, 08:01 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
I've seen some amazing behavior over the years at concerts.

Guns N Roses at The centrum in 92, a kid (about 15 I'd guess), completely passed out in his seat before Guns ever hit the stage.
Rob Zombie at The Palladium in Worcester in 99...between the 2 opening acts, a rather inebriated youth oin the area in front of stage pukes. Gets tossed out the sidestage emergency exit doors by security. Somehow manages to get back in the venue, proceeds to same area of the floor, right in front of same security guard...and of course tossed out yet again.
The Who in 2000 at Tweeter Center, a guy in the 9th row, great seats, gets warned by security about smoking during the 3rd soong. As security walks away, guy says "Fuck You" under his breath, but just loud enough, security gets reinforcements, smart man gets tossed.

U2 Fleetcenter 2001...some guy jumps on stage gets tackled by security...just kidding Diamond.

I also hate having to smell pot at concerts, and am always amazed when a stranger nearby actually offers me a hit on a joint.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:23 PM   #20
New Yorker
Local Time: 09:00 AM
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
I know this isn't on the same page, but I just need to vent: dead people at concerts. I was in a section FULL of them last weekend at the Stones show. My dad and I had been waiting a long time to see them together, so when Mick and Co. came out with Brown Sugar, I jumped out of my seat. Too bad this nasty bitch behind me POKED me in the back and nastily said, "Um, can you sit down? We can't see anything?" I felt like telling her, "Um, excuse me, but if you want to sit and listen to the Stones, you should have stayed at home and popped a cd in the stereo, r up your ass, whichever suits you."
Yeah, those are bad too! I don't get that at all...half the fun of a concert is getting up and getting into the music...it hasn't happened to me at a concert yet though.

When we saw U2, there was a "dead person." Didn't clap, didn't anything. It was very strange and we had the feeling he was annoyed with us and possibly everyone around him. But, we weren't blocking his view so...To each their own, I guess...

The only time I ever dreamed of telling anyone to sit down was at a Goo Goo Dolls concert--and that was just because the couple seemed to know *every* *freaking* *person* at Red Rocks and they decided to just hang out in that row and socialize, blocking everyone's view...but just as I was about to get stern, they went and sat down.

Old 10-22-2002, 09:38 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:00 AM
I should be able to smoke my crack wherever I want.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:42 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I should be able to breathe where ever I want.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:23 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:00 AM
Phew musiclovers!!!

I was slightly worried after reading this, that I had danced just a little too much, whistled just a little too loud at the INXS concert on Sunday.( gosh I worry about EVERYthing)
I have proof ...it was OK. One of my g'friends rang the resort the next day to thank them and ask about INXS's tour schedule. They said it was a very successful night and the crowd behaviour was exemplary(phew!!)
There is a great full front page photo and 2 pages inside about the night in the local paper...I shall quote, IO,

"WHAT A NIGHT!" By Lindsay Saunders

" Coffs Harbour came out to party on Sunday night ...and put it's hand in it's pocket at the same time.
More than 2300 people rocked along to INXS....
The audience responded to the band's high-energy performance by dancing almost from the first note....."

THAT WAS US!!! front and centre...waving our old arms in the air, like we just don't care.

My g'friend who was/is THE biggest MH fan as a young woman, made what I think is a HUGE claim. She said "it was the best night of her life" !WOW!
( oh dear...and there's photos, I haven't seen them yet )
Old 10-22-2002, 04:07 PM   #24
War Child
Local Time: 08:00 AM
Originally posted by pinkfloyd
it's a part of the rock show , learn to be in tempo with crowd , especially on a rock gig , like RHCP or something , but of course if you will stay still with couple of burgers , you will get hurt ,
speaking of the RHCP, when i saw them in 1999 in Columbus the woman a row in front of my friends and i definitely pleasured her man. it was real classy, what with all the mouth/tongue wiping off and such.
Old 10-22-2002, 04:41 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:00 AM
every time i go to a concert, i almost expect the weed to get smoked near me. its always going to be around no matter what. it would be nice to have one night in a concert without the stuff, i don't care for it myself, but its the way it is i guess.

one thing that really gets to me is the moshing. in my younger years i have seen some bands were i was up front, and each time i always manage to get smashed into, nearly killed by some moshers. i once woke up in a tent because i passed out from being in such a big crowd that felt the need to mosh. few days ago i was at The Cult concert and there were some older people STILL moshing/floating! i stayed towards the back. but if im up front, i just want to enjoy the music from where i am at. i guess its too much to ask
Old 10-23-2002, 10:09 AM   #26
War Child
Local Time: 04:00 PM

I dunno, if you want a calm experience you can get it. 2 of the best gigs I've been to were sit-down, really intimate venues, and just amazing experiences! But I do prefer the going nuts experience. I'm at the oh so old age of 21 so I have left behind getting completely fucked outta my skull at gigs, but a few beers and letting go still tops it! When I do go mental, like at U2 gigs, totally just natural high, I try and make sure I only crush my mates But yeah, I agree some people go way overboard, spoil it for themselves, and for everyone around them. There should be a "total pisshead" pit where they can puke all over each other!