I Hate Espn - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2005, 09:51 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 09:06 AM
I Hate Espn

I just cant stand them anymore

peter gammons is always wrong and there coverage is insanely biased towards the yanks and red sox

Old 07-19-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

ill join this club

Old 07-19-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:06 AM
Shocking. ESPN biased? No, you don't say.

PTI is the only thing worth watching and even that pisses me off on occasion.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:55 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

espn.com sucks now too because theyre making practically EVERYTHING "insider."

i don't need to pay for anything i don't already know anyway.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:58 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

yeah, almost all of the articles on espn.com are Insider stuff which you need to pay for...um, no thanks.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:23 AM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 02:06 PM
i agree that ESPN sucks, but the Peter Gammons comment? The only wrong thing I think he's said in the last six months is that the Twins were going to win the world series. but back to ESPN; all they do is just blow smoke up the superstars' and winning teams asses and diss the great athletes who perhaps never got a chance to prove themselves in the postseason. Take for instance Rafael Palmiero and Jason Giambi. Rafael just joined the 3,000 hit 500 HR club which should be certain for a first ballot hall of fame induction yet half the commentators on their channels and/or websites discuss how "boring" and "unproven" he is since he never impacted a posteason team. then giambi starts the year off terrible and has a good two week period and of the sudden he's the "giambino" again. it's shite i tell you, shite.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by TheFly84138
i agree that ESPN sucks, but the Peter Gammons comment? The only wrong thing I think he's said in the last six months is that the Twins were going to win the world series. but back to ESPN; all they do is just blow smoke up the superstars' and winning teams asses and diss the great athletes who perhaps never got a chance to prove themselves in the postseason. Take for instance Rafael Palmiero and Jason Giambi. Rafael just joined the 3,000 hit 500 HR club which should be certain for a first ballot hall of fame induction yet half the commentators on their channels and/or websites discuss how "boring" and "unproven" he is since he never impacted a posteason team. then giambi starts the year off terrible and has a good two week period and of the sudden he's the "giambino" again. it's shite i tell you, shite.
didnt peter gammons say the angels are the best team in the american league?

that the cubs will make it to the world series?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:35 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I'm not going to get on Gammo for saying the Cubs will make the World Series. The man clearly knows his stuff and their isn't a better baseball guy out there. With that said, he is one of the few highlights of ESPN along with the College Gameday guys. As long as Chris, Kirk, and the Coach are on the air on autumn Saturdays, the world is a good place.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:06 AM
HG's list of ESPN's redeeming qualities:

1. College Game Day
2. PTI (if and when Tony and Wilbon actually show up on it)
3. Stephen A. Smith
4. The Sunday Night Football games
5. Mike Patrick and Dick Vitale doing ACC basketball games

And that's about how I see it. I never get to watch PTI because now I live on West Coast time, so it airs before I get home from work. I'm looking forward to the new Stephen A. Smith show. But unless it's something named above, I completely understand people's frustration with ESPN. SportsCenter has become unbearable to watch with the reporters trying too hard to be clever, and listening to Stuart Scott makes me want to . Sometimes I think ESPN try too hard to be hip, which really hurts the integrity of their sports coverage.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:57 PM   #10
War Child

Local Time: 10:06 AM
PTI irritates me. I hate wilbon. He's an idiot and very "pro" when it comes to black players. I dont mind him favoring them but it just irks me the way he comes off

Give me around the horn any day with my boy woody paige
Old 07-20-2005, 04:43 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Stephen A Smith?!?!?!?!?!

omg he is the most annoying person of alllllll time. he can't speak without yelling.

and what a surprise, a Red Sox fan likes Gammons, Gammons openly roots for the Red Sox

but Gammons is probably one of the least annoying people on ESPN, even though all of his trade predictions are always wrong
Old 07-20-2005, 05:20 PM   #12
War Child

Local Time: 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
Stephen A Smith?!?!?!?!?!

omg he is the most annoying person of alllllll time. he can't speak without yelling.

and what a surprise, a Red Sox fan likes Gammons, Gammons openly roots for the Red Sox

but Gammons is probably one of the least annoying people on ESPN, even though all of his trade predictions are always wrong

yea, hes actually on Around the Horn abit. Now he has his own show........who will I dislike more. Him or Jim Rome!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:15 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:06 AM
I find Stephen A. Smith refreshing compared to most of the other people working for ESPN. I get the impression that he's more concerned with speaking his mind than kissing the asses of the people in the NBA. I especially liked his comments during the coverage of this year's NBA draft.

I used to think Jim Rome was annoying, but the more I listened to his radio show, the more he grew on me.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:08 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

Are you going to slam a guy who grew up in Mass and wrote for the Boston Globe because he roots for his home team? There's a long list of "homers" in the media.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:07 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrush
PTI irritates me. I hate wilbon. He's an idiot and very "pro" when it comes to black players. I dont mind him favoring them but it just irks me the way he comes off

Give me around the horn any day with my boy woody paige
Most days I want to choke Woody Paige. Although, he does have some amusing things written on his chalk board occasionally.

Who I really, really, can't stand is Jay Mariotti. No man should have eyebrows like that. Not to mention he's blow-hole.