I Hate Espn - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2005, 09:13 AM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

Most days I want to choke Woody Paige. Although, he does have some amusing things written on his chalk board occasionally.

Who I really, really, can't stand is Jay Mariotti. No man should have eyebrows like that. Not to mention he's blow-hole.
yea hes a dick.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:00 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
espn.com sucks now too because theyre making practically EVERYTHING "insider."

i don't need to pay for anything i don't already know anyway.
Not only that, but half the time I visit espn.com, the stupid site either loads wrong or doesn't come up at all.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:42 AM   #18
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

Who I really, really, can't stand is Jay Mariotti. No man should have eyebrows like that. Not to mention he's blow-hole.
ahh jay mariotti

on another note on whitesoxinteractive.com they call mariotti mornonotti
Old 07-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by I'm Ready

that the cubs will make it to the world series?

All I'm going to say is Wild Card baby.

maybe

And Steve A. Smith = instant mute button
Old 07-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

steven a rocks. come on, how can you not want to listen to him yell? its the only reason i have to watch anything nba related on espn!
Old 07-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:57 PM
it's almost as if ESPN had an ego, and it's finally reached the high level mark and is now spilling over.

I remember the days with Kilborn, Patrick, Olberman (spelling?). And a few others like Rich Eisen.

Instead of showing us the highlights or stories of the past week with a little humor thrown in, every sportscaster is a comic, and everyone has to come up with their own thing.

I want to blame Stuart Scott for starting this. He really took the one liners too far, now everyone has something to say after every highlight.

And I'm really sick of hearing about the Yankee's and Red Sox. But the worst is Danica Patrick. Every weekend we need to watch a 5-10 minute story on her. We all know she's a women, and that's she's pretty good at driving a race car. But she also races for one of the best teams around......and more importantly...she hasn't won anything. I watched a little of the IRL race last weekend. Up until the final 10 laps, it was Danica, Danica, Danica. I don't even find her that attractive. She needs a real chest. Just like espn needs real reporting again
Old 07-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BEAL
I don't even find her that attractive. She needs a real chest. Just like espn needs real reporting again
You were really making some good points in your post, right up until this. So if she were hotter, you could excuse the unnecessary reporting on her? Why bring that up at all?

Old 07-23-2005, 12:29 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I find anna kornakova super hot, but I can't stand seeing her on a sports show. She was a decent player, that decided to cash in on her looks.

Danica is the same way. Do you think we'd even be talking about Danica if she wasn't good looking? I doubt it. In fact, I doubt she'd even be on the team that she is.

I guess I should have kept my opinion to myself on her looks. I didn't mean to imply that if she met my tastes, that I'd allow all the ridiculous coverage.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:37 PM   #24
Babyface

ESPN has gone down the shitter. However, I will surely change my mind when college basketball returns in the fall.....the ACC nights are amazing! The day that Dickie V either retires or croaks will be terrible since he IS college basketball to me. Only downside to the upcoming season is that us Tar Heels and Roy Williams fans will have nothing left to cheer for.

PS- whatever happened to Kilborn?
Old 07-23-2005, 09:15 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by gaillimh

PS- whatever happened to Kilborn?
He left to do the daily show then the late late show on cbs.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:29 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

ESPN is the greatest....cause they show sports, how much can I hate it?

Around the Horn gets on my nerves and I want to kill everyone on the show, but its still about sports. So I watch it when I have nothing to do.

PTI is awesome, Tony K. is hilarious and Wilbon is pretty cool, he says dumb shit here and there, but they are both very intelligent when it comes to sports IQ. I'm just more of a Kornheiser fan. They are both from DC (Wash. post) so I am kind of biased, but I think it's a great show.

Steven A. Smith is the most annoying man on television, and now they are giving him his own show. I guess I can respect him because he speaks his mind....I'd rather watch "Rome is Burning."

I love watching ESPN's broadcasting of college sports, their basketball broadcasts are always great. They got the best tourneys and their team is great (Vitale is the man). College Gameday is awesome when it comes to college ball, and while guys like Trev Alberts pisses me off, he helps me with my gambling because I always take the team that he goes against. Fail-proof system.

When it comes to baseball, they are a little bias for the Red Sox and Yanks, but NY is my team so i'm not complaining. Gammons is the Don of baseball, he knows more about the game than anyone I've ever seen. I like Harold Reynolds and the whole Baseball Tonight show.

And now they are getting Monday night football (aren't they?). I hate Joe Theissman with a passion, but it is monday night football.

ESPN is awesome, it's the reason I have cable. I have issues here and there with it, but it's all I watch, as I'm not a big TV person.

Add to that: World Series of Poker......