I hate cilantro... JOIN THE FIGHT!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found this interesting bit of information off a blog taken from a research paper at the University of Illinois in Chicago:

Taste of Cilantro:
Some people like the taste of cilantro. Other people hate it. There is actually a genetic polymorphism for a receptor that influences the way a person senses the taste of cilantro. Nobody knows for sure, but it is probably a codominant trait.
Individuals with one or more copies of one variant tend to taste it as “soapy” or unpleasant.

:nerd:

http://lotta.skriva.net/?p=107

Cilantro
cilantro.jpg

Italian Parsley
449465.JPG

don't confuse them :sick:

What's it in? Mexican food? If so I'm sure I've had it in Tex-Mex food (salsas and such). I guess I don't mind it, not that I'd chew on it raw...

Cilantro

Cilantro, sometimes referred to as Mexican or Chinese parsley, has a strong flavor that people usually love or hate. In Mexican cuisine, it's a popular herb used in guacamole, salsas and sauces.

Health Benefits: Cilantro is rich in beneficial phytonutrients, flavonoids and active phenolic acid compounds, which may be responsible for many of its health benefits. Cilantro, and its seeds, have been found to help control blood sugar, lower cholesterol and fight inflammation and free radicals. Cilantro may also have antimicrobial properties.

I remember when I was a teenager working in a super market.

I really liked the smell of cilantro.

My family never used it.

I really like and eat it now.

If you don't like it
don't eat it. :shrug:

Please don't be a hater. :no:

I like it in moderation. Too much can definitely ruin a dish. I made my own salsa one time and put so much cilantro in it that I ended up having to throw it away because that was all I could taste. I like to mix a little fresh cilantro and lime juice in with rice. I don't think I've ever had the dried kind, though.

Back
Top Bottom