I Got My Order Right at Starbucks Today!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
alright, so my dad and i walk into a starbucks today, fearing for our lives. he was totally crushin' for some coffee and that was the only place nearby. so we go in and end up waiting in the pickup line instead of the order line, and we had to wait again in the real line. i really didn't know what to get, and the menu is really confusing! that 'vanilla bean' thing looked good, but what is it called? a blended cream vanilla bean thing? what? so it's our turn and my dad goes 'justin, what do you want' and i swear, it was a moment of pure magic, as i blurted out "i'll have a vanilla bean frappuchino." so the lady goes 'what size' and i go 'make it a grande.' it was amazing. my dad ended up taking 5 mintues to order a mocha frappuchino and a cafe latte for my mother. i don't think he's ever going back.

oh yeah, and the vanilla bean frappuchino was :drool: :drool: :drool:

have you been to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf they're all over L.A . The Vanilla Blended is :combust:

ordering at Starbucks the first few times is intimidating.:wink:

Denis Leary:

"-Is it impossible to get a cup coffee flavored coffee anymore, in this country? What happened with the coffee? Did I miss a fu*king meeting with the coffee? You can get every other flavor coffee except coffee flavored coffee. They got mochacino,cappucino, frappacino, rappacino, al pacino, what the fuck?!

So I walked into a starbucks about a year ago, and there's a kid behind the counter, and i said: "Hey gimme a regular..." "Regular what?" "Coffee!", "what flavor?"..."COFFEE FLAVORED!" Menu...coffee doesn't need a menu it, it needs a cup thats all it needs, maybe a saucer underneath the cup, thats it!"

namkcuR said:
Denis Leary:

"-Is it impossible to get a cup coffee flavored coffee anymore, in this country? What happened with the coffee? Did I miss a fu*king meeting with the coffee? You can get every other flavor coffee except coffee flavored coffee. They got mochacino,cappucino, frappacino, rappacino, al pacino, what the fuck?!

So I walked into a starbucks about a year ago, and there's a kid behind the counter, and i said: "Hey gimme a regular..." "Regular what?" "Coffee!", "what flavor?"..."COFFEE FLAVORED!" Menu...coffee doesn't need a menu it, it needs a cup thats all it needs, maybe a saucer underneath the cup, thats it!"

Ha! I love that special.

It may drive Starbucks crazy when I order a small black coffee, but they get their revenge when they charge me $2.95 for it :mad:

Tonight was Son of BAW's last night at Starbucks...he's already pulling another 40 hour workweek at an OC fiber-optic company plus he just started a full-load at the local JC...he agreed that he needed the weekends to himself! :)

I love it -- I'm an ex-Barista, and loved it when people would order just black coffee... It's the easiest drink...

It's funny when they ask for a small -- it's like the war of the names... Sbux calls it a tall (even though it's the smallest...), the rest of everyone calls it a small.... Most baristas look past that though... There's no crazy rule that forces anyone to speak Sbux-speak, haha.

I think people have turned Sbux into this status symbol sort of thing - which may explain the intimidation - but there's really no need for it... I always thought the menu was pretty straight forward -- it's just like any other menu. Plus, the baristas should be willing to help you figure things out -- it's their job... My favorite part of the job was helping people who'd never been before find a drink they'd enjoy (and I was always amazed by how frightened they looked... Is coffee that scary, haha?)

And when Barista's ask a customer "what flavor" of coffee they want, they just mean if they want the bold, the decaf or the "mild" -- there's no flavor to it really (it's not like Vanilla or Irish Creme) -- it's just variations in roasts and growing regions - which does alter the flavor...

Flavored coffee most certianly applied to lattes and the other mixed 'bar' drinks... Vanilla latte, carmel macchiatto, and so forth - so that was a poorly chosen phrase used by that particular barista...

Also, you ask for a vanilla bean frappucino, and everyone should know what that is. Technically, it is a Vanilla Bean Frappucino Blended Creme (Coffee, if there's coffee in it), and the barista is supposed to call it out like that - but they know what you mean when you order it, haha. :)

Back
Top Bottom