I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Your sun it shines
I feel you
Within my mind
You take me there
You take me where
The kingdom comes
You take me to
And lead me through
Babylon

This is the morning of our love
It's just the dawning of our love

:rockon:

How freakin' awesomely kick-ass was this song when it came out in '93!? Quite a contrast to Violator and everything before. Dare I say it was like their Achtung Baby! ;)

DepecheMode1993.jpg

Appreciate. :drool:

Last edited:
First DM song I ever heard where I knew it was DM(I think I heard Personal Jesus before it, but I didn't know it was DM at the time).

'One Caress' from the same record(Songs Of Faith And Devotion) is perhaps my favorite DM song...

oh girl
lead me into your darkness
when this world
is trying its hardest
to leave me unimpreeeeessed
just one careeeeeeeess
from you and I'm bleeeeeeessed

There are several songs that remind my dear ol' friends and me of each other. This is one of them. :heart:

Great song! Great tour!

I do agree to a point that this was their AB. In the way that U2 started to embrace technology, DM a mainly syth driven band, started embracing live instruments more with this album.

I'm always been torn between this album and Violator as my fave DM album.

namkcuR said:
First DM song I ever heard

Same here! Thanks to that video on MTV! :love:

OMFG guys!!! I randomly checked up on ebay today (didn't even know that DM was touring!) and landed GA tickets to the May 20th show in Atlantic City! And listen to this, you're not gonna believe it! I got the ticket for $85! (+ shipping) 85 bucks on ebay... that's cheap! There's tons more GA tickets available on ebay for any of you in the NY/NJ/PA metro area. Looks like this tour isn't really selling. :slant: The Jones Beach & Holmdel shows are still open on ticketmaster. Even orchestra seats!!! :shocked:

Holy shit, am I psyched! :hyper:

A lot of the old school fans really dislike this record, but it's totally brilliant. Not only did they start playing live instruments (you really have to love that guitar by Martin Gore on I Feel You), but there's other things like the gospel touches on Condemnation and Get Right With Me that make this such an important album to me. It doesn't sound like a bunch of nerds in a studio, which is what most electronic music comes off as.

My favorite is a toss-up between Music For The Masses and Songs of Faith and Devotion.
I like much of the material on Violator, but it's a bit too downbeat for me. I have the same problem with The Cure's Disintegration, a popular album which, like Violator, is sandwiched between two almums that I feel are much more varied and superior (Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me and Wish).

By the way, this tour was amazing too. I had 2nd row seats. They opened with Higher Love behind this curtain, and all you could see were their giant silhouettes. Then the curtain dropped and everyone went crazy. I think the encore or second set started with I Feel You, and you just heard the guitar come out of nowhere, the drums pounding. Pretty rock and roll for Depeche Mode.

Last edited:
okay, this is eerie, i had just put on songs of faith devotion and then i saw this thread, lol. anyway . . .

i love this album! soooo underrated, it nearly rivals violator. that opening squall of feedback into the main riff of 'i feel you' = BADASS!! 'mercy in you' and 'get right with me' are two other great, less appreciated tunes on this album as well.

interesting comparing it to achtung baby. i often think of this album, achtung baby, and 'wish' by the cure as all being similar, in that the pioneering acts of 80s "alternative" reinvented themselves in the early 90s as full on ROCK bands (no doubt somewhat influenced by the music of time, industrial/grunge/shoegaze what have you, dang the early 90s kicked ass)

im seeing dm in a little over a week too! funnily enough i was going to pass on the show since i caught them in december, but my g/f won tix at a club last weekend. score!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Depeche Mode has some of the sexiest songs. I Feel You and In Your Room are definitely two of them. :drool:

Are you talking about the single version of In Your Room? Cos that one is beautiful. :drool: I don't know if I've even heard the album version of that song. The other thing is I don't have this album and haven't heard anything on it except I Feel You, Walking In My Shoes ( :heart: ) and Condemnation. :uhoh: :reject: I should get it at some point.. it's available for dead cheap on Amazon Used!

Oh.. and bollox, looks like you're seeing them the very next day after me! :)

Zootlesque said:

I don't know if I've even heard the album version of that song. The other thing is I don't have this album and haven't heard anything on it except I Feel You, Walking In My Shoes ( :heart: ) and Condemnation. :uhoh: :reject: I should get it at some point..

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

How can you make the comparison to AB without ever hearing the whole album?

Go out and buy it now!

Well... I could figure it out from just those 3 songs that their sound changed since Violator. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Are you talking about the single version of In Your Room? Cos that one is beautiful. :drool: I don't know if I've even heard the album version of that song. The other thing is I don't have this album and haven't heard anything on it except I Feel You, Walking In My Shoes ( :heart: ) and Condemnation. :uhoh: :reject: I should get it at some point.. it's available for dead cheap on Amazon Used!

Oh.. and bollox, looks like you're seeing them the very next day after me! :)

Ok...give me your e-mail...I'm gonna send you a link to 'One Caress' - the song I mentioned in my first post in this thread. It's possibly DM's best song ever, imo.

I like One Caress but it hasn't (yet) quite amazed me like these songs have...

Walking In My Shoes
In Your Room
Only When I Lose Myself
Home
Useless
It's No Good

and several others!

90s DM was undoubtedly better than 80s DM! What a great band.. they can make cool rockers as well as gorgeous slow songs. :love:

Zootlesque said:
:rockon:

How freakin' awesomely kick-ass was this song when it came out in '93!? Quite a contrast to Violator and everything before. Dare I say it was like their Achtung Baby! ;)

Appreciate. :drool:

Funny, I just listened to this album the other day for the first time in a LONG time. I unfortunately associate it with someone I really dont like to think about anymore, but it is a great album - glad I can enjoy it again now.

Zootlesque said:
I like One Caress but it hasn't (yet) quite amazed me like these songs have...

Walking In My Shoes
In Your Room
Only When I Lose Myself
Home
Useless
It's No Good

and several others!

90s DM was undoubtedly better than 80s DM! What a great band.. they can make cool rockers as well as gorgeous slow songs. :love:

One Caress is a damn good song, but it would have been about the 8th song I'd recommend to you off of SOFAD.

Try the ones I listed and also Rush, which I forgot to mention.

Back
Top Bottom