I doubt anyone really gives a damn, but Nelly Furtado is having a baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
from rolling stone.com

[q]Nelly Furtado's Having a Baby

First child, second album due in fall

While recording her second CD, Fresh Off the Boat (due November 25th), Nelly Furtado has been keeping a big secret: She's pregnant. The twenty-four-year-old Grammy-winning singer and her boyfriend are expecting their first child in September.
But don't expect maternity to be a theme on Boat, the follow-up to Furtado's multi-platinum 2000 debut, Whoa, Nelly! "Two or three years from now, you'll hear the baby record," she says. "I take a while to reflect on things."

Furtado has been working on Fresh Off the Boat, the title referencing the Canadian singer's Portuguese roots, in Los Angeles and her home base of Toronto. She has again teamed with production duo Track and Field (Brian West and Gerald Eaton), but the album is different from the hip-hop-flavored Whoa: The likely single, "Powerless," has a stripped-down folk sound; and Furtado compares the vibe of "Explode" to the Smashing Pumpkins' "1979." Another track, the moving "Saturday" was inspired by Furtado's years cleaning hotel rooms with her mother.

Incubus guitarist Mike Einziger and drummer Joey Waronker (R.E.M., Beck) are among the guests, and Furtado plans to have Bela Fleck add banjo to the song "Forca!"

Forca? "It means 'Go for it -- kick ass!'" explains Furtado, "in Portugese[/q]

oooh :ohmy:

I seen her at Slane exactly 2 years ago on Sept 1st [/random crap fact]

I read about her being pregnant last week.

I cried myself to sleep.

i'm interested to see what she comes out with. she has my respect

Best wishes to her, then, on the baby and new album. I've liked all of her songs that I've heard, so maybe the new album will be worth checking out.

Frankly Miss Velvet...I do give a damn:sexywink:

Nelly Futardo is cool. My bro-in-law played her album for me last time I visited...VERY LOUDLY. I guess he likes her:)
I predict she will come out with a bonnie baby( she has the same heritage as Nuno Bettencourt,Portugese who grew up on the Azores Islands :drool:...) and that her album will be sweet like her.

Can I tell a story, I heard the other day? LOOK OUT!!
Russell Crowe's first child is due soon too. My friend said she was thinking out loud and suggested Russ should record a children's album of songs about dogs. Her 8 year old son piped up and said.."yeah! screw The Wiggles".......:lmao:
She was flabbergasted he knew that word..I told her babies are born with ears and hear EVERYTHING you want and do not want them to hear.
Good luck to Nelly Futardo and family :hug: babylove:heart:

I've gotta go with martha on this one. Can't catch a break.

originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
I was talking about her the other day with a friend and we were wondering happend to her.

Me too. But its nice to hear that she'll have something out soon (meaning the album), and congrats on her baby!

Perle

Back
Top Bottom