I don't really like the Spiderman movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
It's true. I don't.

They've become far too preachy and take themselves WAYY to seriously. Spider-man was a comic book designed for entertainment. It's not something that was designed to be a treatise on the trappings of power, sacrifice, and destiny and all that crap.

If I go see a superhero movie, I want to see action and excitement, not 2 and a half hours of preachiness.

Don't get me wrong, where the 1st one was good (ie not arrogant), it was damn good. And I'm sure the 2nd one will be too, I'm definitely going to see it.

But for god's sake, stop trying to lecture us!!

I don't like them either; but because I don't find Tobey Maguire believeable as a human being. I kinda wish the director had cast someone a bit more charasmatic and heroic.

HelloAngel said:
I don't like them either; but because I don't find Tobey Maguire believeable as a human being. I kinda wish the director had cast someone a bit more charasmatic and heroic.

I feel the same way about Dunst. She is bad at her job.

I never liked Spiderman at all. But I hear he was Bono's favorite super hero as a kid.

a couple of my friends were mad on spiderman as kids, i think he rocks, original superhero and the movie was pretty class albeit a bit generic and therefore not one to see more than twice.. i'll prob watch again though it before i go see the 2nd which looks ACE! better bad guy in it anyway - dr.octopus far better than the awful lookin goblin..although willem dafoe did a good job and i hear the third ones gonna have venom, top stuff!

nbcrusader said:
Actually, many comics have serious messages. It is a challenge for a director to balance entertainment and message.

:up:

Very few things are for entertainment alone. :shifty:

I haven't seen the Spiderman movies, though, and have no desire to.

nbcrusader said:
Actually, many comics have serious messages. It is a challenge for a director to balance entertainment and message.

:up:

The movies themselves don't stray too much from what Stan Lee has always panned to the public. Have you not seen Mallrats?

:sexywink:

I don't read comic books or generally like movies based on them, but I LOVED the Spiderman movie. I think Tobey Maguire was great in it. I love the fact that Peter Parker/Spiderman is this kind of nerdy guy who is really a superhero.

Back
Top Bottom