I don't like...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ehmmm, (whisper it) I don't really like the Who.

Lep Zep and the Doors are alright, but I wouldn't go wild over them myself either TBH.

What? You don't like the Who :rant: (just kidding)
Maybe it's cuz you're Irish? And again, another person not listing their age... :hmm:

Lila64 said:
What? You don't like the Who :rant: (just kidding)
Maybe it's cuz you're Irish? And again, another person not listing their age... :hmm:

Why would it be cos I'm Irish?? I like loads of English bands.

These are the musicians/bands I listed in my profile:- stone roses, echo and the bunnymen, depeche mode, bob dylan, rem, manic street preachers. 4 out of the 6 are English or Welsh!

Age - I'm older than the average around here, I'll put it that way! :lol:

Last edited:
Just 14? Wow - a "youngen" :giggle: (I like that icon)

I saw Echo & The Bunnymen back in the 80s. Never Stop the cutter!

I wasn't a Doors fan, and then I caught the 'reunion' tour with Ian Astbury of the Cult on vocals. It was f***ing awesome. But I don't own any Doors CDs... Would have seen Led Zeppelin in 1980 as they were planning to tour that year, then Bonham died, and that was that. Had to settle for solo Plant, and Black Crowes with Jimmy Page at the Greek (not a bad "settle")

:rockon:

Led Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands but frankly I'm not surprised you don't like them. I get bored to sleep by their stuff very often and I blame Radio Overplay for it. :mad:

Lila64 said:
I don't like Pink Floyd... :reject:
Maybe I don't have the right drugs :giggle:

I love Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here (song not album), but I can't listen to any of their other stuff. :shrug:

now *this* might get some flames, if Zootlesque is still on.
:ohmy:

oh, wait, Zootlesque posted right before me...arent you a Pink Floyd worshipper?

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:

I love Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here (song not album), but I can't listen to any of their other stuff. :shrug:

now *this* might get some flames, if Zootlesque is still on.
:ohmy:

oh, wait, Zootlesque posted right before me...arent you a Pink Floyd worshipper?

:combust: oh wait.. that's not the :flames: smiley. :wink:

I wouldn't say I worship Pink Floyd. lol. But they're one of my favorite bands. Just posted a fav album poll, btw.

I have DSOTM and Wish You Were Here. My dad has Animals and Meddle somewhere. I would like to give them a chance, but theres so many bands I like right now and really wanna get into/become obsessed with, that it's hard for me to want to take the time. If that makes sense. :shrug:

I do :heart: DSOTM though. Us & Them, Any Color You Like, and Eclipse are absolutely :drool:. And my dad still thinks Great Gig in the Sky is about skydiving. I guess it could be :hmm: :laugh:

And I refuse to spell "color" as "colour" just cos theyre Brits, ok.:mad:

Last edited:
I always have to be in a special sort of mood to enjoy them. They are not an any time band for me.

VertigoGal said:
I would like to give them a chance, but theres so many bands I like right now and really wanna get into/become obsessed with, that it's hard for me to want to take the time. If that makes sense. :shrug:

Yeah, that does make sense. There are so many new bands today that it's easy to lose track of classic bands like Floyd, esp. cos they've been so damn inactive since '94. :mad:

VertigoGal said:

my dad still thinks Great Gig in the Sky is about skydiving. I guess it could be :hmm: :laugh:

New perspective, indeed. :hmm: :laugh:

VertigoGal said:

And I refuse to spell "color" as "colour" just cos theyre Brits, ok.:mad:

:lol: All the cool people spell it as 'colour'. Don't you want to be cool too VertigoGal? :sexywink:

The Who, The Cure, The Doors, Led Zep, The Beatles..all good bands, great even, sometimes, but I'm not fond of any of them too much. It's hard to get ecxcited when they are so familiar and you've heard them for so many years already.

From experience, my only suggestion for those who dismiss some of these bands because of old radio single exhaustion... pick up a record and listen to it in full. The songs you've heard are not necessarily a fair survey of the artists... I was bored by Zeppelin and The Who up until I was about 16/17. Now I think that some of their acoustic pieces and later works are very redeeming.

You don't have to like the classics... but it's a good idea to know more than the overplayed tunes before passing judgement.

Back
Top Bottom