I can't wait till i'm bald.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
Just had my hair cut and it cost me 10 quid:mad: I have this done at least once a month so thats over £120 every year!!! Blimey...i want to be 'folically challenged'.I could put the money in the bank and have a nice little 'nest egg' for when i retire:|

Two things:

1) Most men don't like losing their hair - even if they kept it short their whole lives. In general, people look better with hair regardless of how short it is. So there is the aesthetic aspect. Additionally, people associate hair with youth. So there is the aging aspect as well. If you can deal with aging and perhaps, arguably, not looking quite as good as you did with hair (and there are plenty of exceptions to this statement), then you are doing good!

2) Even if you have a bald head, it still doesn't mean you won't need hair cuts - and the price will be the same regardless of how much hair you have. The most bald men still have this "horseshoe" like fringe of hair around their heads (ears and back) that must be cut. And no hair stylist will give you a discount because you have less hair. If you cut it yourself, fine - but ask someone to make sure it looks good (often it doesn't). And if you choose to shave your head completely, that is also fine - but be prepared to shave your head a lot more than once a month.

In other words, sorry mate, but going bald won't help you save any $$. And many men and women spend a small fortune trying to give themselves more hair.

Last edited:
doctorwho said:
Two things:

1) Most men don't like losing their hair - even if they kept it short their whole lives. In general, people look better with hair regardless of how short it is. So there is the aesthetic aspect. Additionally, people associate hair with youth. So there is the aging aspect as well. If you can deal with aging and perhaps, arguably, not looking quite as good as you did with hair (and there are plenty of exceptions to this statement), then you are doing good!

2) Even if you have a bald head, it still doesn't mean you won't need hair cuts - and the price will be the same regardless of how much hair you have. The most bald men still have this "horseshoe" like fringe of hair around their heads (ears and back) that must be cut. And no hair stylist will give you a discount because you have less hair. If you cut it yourself, fine - but ask someone to make sure it looks good (often it doesn't). And if you choose to shave your head completely, that is also fine - but be prepared to shave your head a lot more than once a month.

In other words, sorry mate, but going bald won't help you save any $$. And many men and women spend a small fortune trying to give themselves more hair.
WOW what a top post.Obviously a lot of thought went into it:edge: Isnt it said that baldness is a sign of verility??

Most men I know own a razor and just shave their own head. Guess it depends on how long you like your hair. :shrug:

I haven't had a haircut in over a year. :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom