I can't wait till i'm bald. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2005, 01:56 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 09:18 AM
I can't wait till i'm bald.

Just had my hair cut and it cost me 10 quid I have this done at least once a month so thats over £120 every year!!! Blimey...i want to be 'folically challenged'.I could put the money in the bank and have a nice little 'nest egg' for when i retire

Old 07-18-2005, 05:00 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:18 PM
Two things:

1) Most men don't like losing their hair - even if they kept it short their whole lives. In general, people look better with hair regardless of how short it is. So there is the aesthetic aspect. Additionally, people associate hair with youth. So there is the aging aspect as well. If you can deal with aging and perhaps, arguably, not looking quite as good as you did with hair (and there are plenty of exceptions to this statement), then you are doing good!

2) Even if you have a bald head, it still doesn't mean you won't need hair cuts - and the price will be the same regardless of how much hair you have. The most bald men still have this "horseshoe" like fringe of hair around their heads (ears and back) that must be cut. And no hair stylist will give you a discount because you have less hair. If you cut it yourself, fine - but ask someone to make sure it looks good (often it doesn't). And if you choose to shave your head completely, that is also fine - but be prepared to shave your head a lot more than once a month.

In other words, sorry mate, but going bald won't help you save any $$. And many men and women spend a small fortune trying to give themselves more hair.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:15 AM   #3
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:18 AM
More to the point : how was your holiday, BSB?
Old 07-18-2005, 05:46 AM   #4
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by the soul waits
More to the point : how was your holiday, BSB?
Very good thankyou I'm just really pleased to be back in depressing ol' England
Old 07-18-2005, 05:48 AM   #5
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho
Two things:

1) Most men don't like losing their hair - even if they kept it short their whole lives. In general, people look better with hair regardless of how short it is. So there is the aesthetic aspect. Additionally, people associate hair with youth. So there is the aging aspect as well. If you can deal with aging and perhaps, arguably, not looking quite as good as you did with hair (and there are plenty of exceptions to this statement), then you are doing good!

2) Even if you have a bald head, it still doesn't mean you won't need hair cuts - and the price will be the same regardless of how much hair you have. The most bald men still have this "horseshoe" like fringe of hair around their heads (ears and back) that must be cut. And no hair stylist will give you a discount because you have less hair. If you cut it yourself, fine - but ask someone to make sure it looks good (often it doesn't). And if you choose to shave your head completely, that is also fine - but be prepared to shave your head a lot more than once a month.

In other words, sorry mate, but going bald won't help you save any $$. And many men and women spend a small fortune trying to give themselves more hair.
WOW what a top post.Obviously a lot of thought went into it Isnt it said that baldness is a sign of verility??
Old 07-18-2005, 06:30 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Most men I know own a razor and just shave their own head. Guess it depends on how long you like your hair.

I haven't had a haircut in over a year.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:36 AM   #7
Refugee

Quote:
[i]

I haven't had a haircut in over a year. [/B]
Cheapskate
Old 07-18-2005, 06:37 AM   #8
War Child

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Right there with you BSB - I can't stand spending money on hair cuts. I just bought a set of clippers and my wife cuts it for me. If she's happy with how it looks, then I'm happy!!
Old 07-18-2005, 06:38 AM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by karls77
Right there with you BSB - I can't stand spending money on hair cuts. I just bought a set of clippers and my wife cuts it for me. If she's happy with how it looks, then I'm happy!!
Yeeeehaaaaa!!! i'm not the only one