I cant wait 'till hockey starts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you are canadian

go leafs go!

but im not confident in the team heading into the year.

it's been near 100 degrees all summer, the last thing I can think about is ice hockey right now, and the season just friggin' ended

btw, anyone have any thoughts on New Jersey trading Petr Sykora for Jeff Friesian and Oleg Tverdovsky?

hey floyd, the bruins signed my second favorite player - bryan berard... i guess im gonna have to cheer for them a bit now...

only people from toronto think sundin is bad for the leafs. b/c he's not.

RavenStar said:
They should get rid of Sundin. The team was so much better without him.

are you joking?

sundin is one of the best moves the leafs have made.
his playoff performance the year before last was outstanding. he was a MVP candidate this year.
he has proven himself to be a fiery leader.

the man is brilliant. at this point, he is one of the players who comes close to earning the money he gets. relatively speaking of course.

Toronto maple Leafs game style sucks so much , god was looking on thier fight with Carolina , i absolutely don't understand how club where they have millions of dollars , play this " KILL ,CRUSH AND DESTROY - THE BEST-TEAM PLAYER OF the ENEMY " style .

pinkfloyd said:
Toronto maple Leafs game style sucks so much , god was looking on thier fight with Carolina , i absolutely don't understand how club where they have millions of dollars , play this " KILL ,CRUSH AND DESTROY - THE BEST-TEAM PLAYER OF the ENEMY " style .

those were the series the leafs were involved in. if they hadn't got peca and jonnson first, you could have bet a leaf was going down. it was a rough series. peca had no reservations about chopping sundin and his wrist in the games he did manage to play. peca must have trouble sleeping when he's doing all these interviews talking about his noble style...really he's just as dirty as tucker or lots of other players. having said that, if peca had taken tucker out i'm certain darcy would have reacted the same way peca has. daniel alfredsson sure played it dumb when he tried his best to eliminate tucker. and in that case tucker attempted to play it up to full theatrical benefit.

i'm getting bored of people singling out any one player or team. it's systemic. it's the state of the game at present. if people don't like it, they are free to walk away. i hope some are willing and do. reduced revenue will be the only impetus for the NHL to alter what it is doing. because on present course, NHL hockey will soon be pretty stinky. add to that a strike in a couple of years...

being a ranger fan, i can't wait to see our new lineup this year. october can't come soon enough.

however, it's obvious the game still needs a lot of work. here are some ideas being bandied about that I think the nhl must absolutely adopt.

-Shorten the pre-season and start the regular season earlier. Hockey in June does not make sense.
-Re-Seeding during the Playoffs. The real Stanley Cup has been won in the Western Conference finals the last years
-Mandate better ice conditions league wide.
-Make fighting count for something. Instead of having 5-5 for the duration of the penalties, it should be 4 on 4.
-Re-instate the full 2 minute minor penalty regardless of whether or not the team scores.
-If a goal is scored during a delayed penalty situation, the call should not be negated. Why do they allow an infracted to go unpenalized just because a goal is scored?
-More regional games and less inter-conference matchups. The game thrives on rivalies and they need to exploit this. And less travel will mean better rested players and a higher tempo game.

Re: bring back fire wagon hockey

The Wanderer said:
the trouble is, you're talking about most of the league though when you discribed Toronto's style
it's only partly true , yes a lot of teams who have no good players go for hard difence , but not many did the things , like Toronto in 01/02 play off , whn each game , they came on ice and first thing they did was breaking other team leaders , Boston apart from Kyle Mclaren hit to Zednik , never played like this , yes they were hiting , fighting , but never goin to kill lead player for no reason , i understand when Atlanta trashers , who don't have excellent players apart from Hitley & Kovalchuk super duet .

some good points, no disk

I don't think re-seeding both conferences together during the playoffs is a good idea though, but if you mean re-seeding the teams inside each conference for the 2nd round, that I agree with

thanks, wanderer. re. the seeding, i'm leaning towards doing it for both conferences, only because it seems that most fan's interest peeks with the conference finals, not the stanley cup. this shouldn't be the case, the final games should have the most competive teams.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom