I Can't Stop Listening To Leonard Cohen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Help me! All I've listened to for the past month is The Essential Leonard Cohen CD. I'm obsessed. :|

Any other Cohen fans out there that care to worship with me?

okay big suprise here I am ..LOL

undertow is a great song of the new LP , but I like the poetry,art and music of Cohen.

HelloAngel, I don't own any Cohen but have been meaning to buy at least one of his albums. Which would you recommend as a first purchase? The "Essential?"

God! - My neighbor has been trying to convert me to a Cohen fan for the last 6-7 months....it ain't working. For the most part, listening to this guy makes me want to poke out my eyes with dull, rusty knives. The only thing of his that I can tolerate is Mockingbird from the "Heather" CD.

On a side note, Bono's actually done one of Cohen's songs on a compliation album with other artists....I can't remember the details as far as album name or even song title, but it's the ONLY recording of Bono that I've EVER not recognized his voice!!! Had my neighbor not wiped the smirk off his face & told me who was performing the song he'd just brought up on his CD player, I would have never in a 100 years have known! (I need to burn a copy of that so I can listen to it at will! :lol: )

Cohen is the man, and so's Bono, but Bono's cover of "Hallelujah" surely violates some clause of the Geneva Convention.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom