I can't Drive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I din't start driving until I was 24. Now I put 20000 miles a year on my car. My commute to work and back is 10 miles A WEEK (with summers off). You do the math. :wink: The rest of the mileage is all over the freakin' country in the summer.

Cleaveland via Arkansas :rockon:

DaveC said:

Fifty fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvveeee! :rockon:

:shifty::reject:

Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
55?

:madwife:

sammy_hagar1.jpg

:rockon:

I failed my first time... No big deal. I don't know what it's like for you but here in Canada (eh) it's $100 every time you have to take the test... Thats what really cheezed me off about the whole thing.

And yes, that's like $5.00 American or whatever... Ha..Ha..Fricken Ha... :wink:

DaveC said:

yours was more of an exclamation while mine was a question. :wink:

point is, sammy hagar, jim belushi, and all of nickelback need to leave the country and never return.

I'm just filling my application in to get my learners ( provisional ) permit. Then i can start taking lessons. :hyper: Am kinda scared but also looking forward to freedom. :rockon::drool:

Xavi - good luck on your 2nd time round. :hug:

Took me four times to pass my driving test:

First time, I turned right in a left-turn only lane. I lasted a good five seconds into my exam before I failed!

Second time, I drove in the 'fast lane' on the way back to the test centre and 'forced' people to undertake me, thus endangering the lives of others. Pah!

Third time, I was meant to turn right at a big junction and couldn't see the road I should have taken and so went straight ahead in a right-turn only lane.:lol:

Fourth time I just about passed despite mounting the curb at one point and travelling several miles per hour over the speed limit (and conversely too slowly at another point during the exam).

And yet I only ever got the emergency stop, the left hand reverse and the turn in the road. And it was with the same two examiners as well. They learned to love me :wink:

So what should you take from this? One: If I can pass my test, anyone can, and two: It doesn't matter how many times you have to take it. Look at it this way, the more you do it, the more securely those rules will be in your head and you can shout at idiots who do it wrong!

Last edited:
Serious question...

why don't people learn to drive when they're 16 anymore?

I know so many people in their late 20s who never learned to drive. When I was in high school absolutely everyone learned to drive. Maybe it depends on where you live or something?

Anyway, I failed the test the first time, too, and it was in a small rural town with only one stoplight. It was like the easiest place in the country to learn to drive. :reject:

Then I moved to NYC and didn't drive again for 15 years though I always kept renewing my license faithfully so I wouldn't have to take the test again. But when I moved to the Southwest I pretty much had to learn to drive all over again. I was terrified of driving everyday.

Now I totally rock behind the wheel. :yes: So don't give up! Try, try again, you'll get it.

i didnt drive until 5 years ago. i was deathly afraid of getting into accidents. 8 years ago when i was attempting to drive, it didnt help that my daughter was laughing hysterically at me the whole time i was behind the wheel:|

xaviMF22 said:

OK Commuter :wink:

2da476fe.jpg

:lol:

I passed my test on the very first try, yet I'm probably a horrible driver. I constantly drive too fast, and go too close to the car ahead of me. I'm likely one of those idiots everyone hates. I think the problem is that city driving is so restrictive...too many children and old people to worry about. Highway driving is where it's at. There's nothing quite like driving on an open road for hours while listening to music, drinking coffee, and looking out for moose :drool:

You'll ace it next time, Xavi :up:

Sorry Xavi you will pass next time :hug:

I passed my driving test 1st time around. Amazing I made it that far considering that I had a driving teacher from hell! :yikes: Out of my high school career that man was the one I truly hated with everything that I felt.

Back
Top Bottom