I canNOT watch scary/horror/gore/etc movies. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
45:33

Local Time: 04:21 PM
Normal I canNOT watch scary/horror/gore/etc movies.

I just can't.

Have never tried, never really plan to.

It took a fair bit of courage for me to see Fight Club.

I was always scared of seeing Pulp Fiction, but my friend said to me that if you've seen Fight Club, you can see Pulp Fiction.

But I will fight tooth and nail if someone wants to put on a movie like that. I love reading the blurbs and reviews, strangely enough, but can't stand the movies.

The next movie on my "gotta try and work up the courage to see" list is the one with Anthony Hopkins (the fava beans and chianti one - silence of the lambs??)

Anyone with me?

Old 09-13-2007, 01:11 AM   #2
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:21 PM
I can't do zombie flicks, Shaun of the Dead and the Planet Terror section of Grindhouse are it for me.

Pulp is really not too violent, it's just that there are very few violent scenes that stand out from the rest of the film. It's definitely worth seeing at least once.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:21 AM
pulp? not bad at all. what scares you anyway?
Old 09-13-2007, 05:47 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:21 AM
Me neither.

It's not so much that they scare me as I find them repulsive and completely uncompelling. (I'm talking more about straight-up horror and gore i.e "Saw" and so on).

I will admitt that anything with demons or spirits I avoid completely. That stuff has always scared me, and still does, to be honest.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #5
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 03:21 PM
horror movies
gory stuff's fine though.
I watch a show on MTV called Scarred where you see the results of huge skateboard/bmx/skiiing stacks. Think bones poking out of skin, stomach churning thuds as heads hit concrete, feet bent all sideways.
I wouldn't recommend this show for you COBL
Old 09-13-2007, 06:57 AM   #6
Jesus Online

i struggle with most movies like these. where there's tension, thriller types, i'm usually really agitated by that stage and won't sit still. types like wolf creek that movie was fucking horrendous!!
then there's the movies i just can't explain, like event horizon! i shit myself watching that at the movies. we also walked home afterwards, and i grew up in bush, and about 11pm doing a mad dash home we heard some animal thundering through the bush and i absolutely nearly peed my pants.
and then there's violence and gore like the passion of the christ. never been able to sit through it.

my name is anna, and i am a mad movie wuss.
i own so many movies that i'll never be able to watch.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #7
45:33

Quote:
Originally posted by cinnaminson
horror movies
gory stuff's fine though.
I watch a show on MTV called Scarred where you see the results of huge skateboard/bmx/skiiing stacks. Think bones poking out of skin, stomach churning thuds as heads hit concrete, feet bent all sideways.
I wouldn't recommend this show for you COBL
actually its funny you should mention that, i watch it whenever i can!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm a wimp, I'll admit it...

I have a problem with scary movies and Roller Coasters ( )...

LMP, funny you mention Zombie movies, my wife is a Zombie nut so I get to watch all kinds of awful stuff...

She dragged me (kicking and screaming I might add) into 28 Weeks Later and I'm still recovering from the first 20 minutes...
Old 09-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by maycocksean
It's not so much that they scare me as I find them repulsive and completely uncompelling. (I'm talking more about straight-up horror and gore i.e "Saw" and so on).

yes, me too.

i can't handle movies like those "Final Destination" movies -- i know their almost intentionally silly, and i guess it can be kind of fun to watch rich, bratty teens get their due, but there's still something disturbing to me about watching someone suffer and die for no other reason than the plot requires them to suffer and die.

i see this as distinct from, say, the ear cutting scene in "Resevoir Dogs" because that, to me, had something to do with plot and character development.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #10
War Child

wow me neither. It takes so much effort for me to watch these movies. I really can't do it. I told myself that I had to watch the Saw movies, and i promise that I was traumatized after watching them. I can't take too much gore, or any really scary movie, like The Exorcist, or similar movies.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

You guys are crazy...I love me some scary movies

Not so much gratuitous gore, but I like smart scary films, and the ones with that shocking make-you-jump scene in them.

COBL I don't really think of Silence of the Lambs as a horror movie...I suppose it is but it's almost more suspense to me. Same with Se7en, another great one.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 10:21 AM
I never watch horror movies. Saw a couple when I was a teenager. Simply not my thing.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
so glad that I'm not the only wimpy person around here when it comes to scary movies. the first movie that I recall scaring me was E.T. but I was really young. I think my real phobia of watching scary movies came when I was 9 (?) or some other fairly young age and saw a commercial with Freddy Krueger. that did it for me. to this day if I see a picture of him, I get goosebumps and my hair stands on end. I'm terrified. I've even been scared of the 'Scream' and 'I know what you did last summer' movies Halloween, Nightmare on Elm St, Scream, Chucky, Friday the 13th....just can't do it. I have nightmares for weeks and an even greater fear of being home alone! I can handle suspense and even some blood/violence, but once it turns into gore...forget it.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:21 AM
I can handle some thrillers but I get lightheaded at gory stuff. Blech.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #15
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

The Excorcist did me real wrong as a kid. Other than that, and to a lesser extent Poltergesit, I don't believe that a movie ever bothered me very much. Though the drill scene in Marathon Man .