I cannot stand Saturday Night Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll take "The Rapists" for five hundred. :wink:

It used to be a great show. Almost pains me to see what it's become. I much prefer Mad TV now.

The ONLY reason I've endured that pathetic Hell in the last 7 years was to see U2 twice. And it almost wasn't worth it. :reject:

EDITED TO SAY: Not that the performances were disappointing!! :no: The pain of sitting through SNL was almost not worth the joy of seeing the guys perform live. :eek:

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:
I've been watching old ones on Arena on cable over here....

"Thanks Opps I crapped my pants" :lmao:

Bono_Man did you have the pleasure of watching Full Frontal over here when it was on? (not Totally FF... but the full version with Eric Bana, John Walker & Shaun McCallif)

If you did, don't you reckon that completely blows SNL out of the water?

FF is quiet possibly my favourite show ever.

timothius said:
Bono_Man did you have the pleasure of watching Full Frontal over here when it was on? (not Totally FF... but the full version with Eric Bana, John Walker & Shaun McCallif)

If you did, don't you reckon that completely blows SNL out of the water?

FF is quiet possibly my favourite show ever.

:up:
Best Comedy Show Australia has ever produced!

They show re-runs on the comedy channel, Love it.

bono_man2002 said:

:up:
Best Comedy Show Australia has ever produced!

They show re-runs on the comedy channel, Love it.

I get to watch 15 minutes of it every morning before I have to scurry off to work.

David McGahns World! :lmao:
Rodger Explosion :lmao:
A Current Affair :lmao:
Neuville & Beulia :lmao:
The Nibin Chick :lmao:
The Sale Of The Century :lmao:

and last but not least...

Poidor! :lmao:

timothius said:
I get to watch 15 minutes of it every morning before I have to scurry off to work.

David McGahns World! :lmao:
Rodger Explosion :lmao:
A Current Affair :lmao:
Neuville & Beulia :lmao:
The Nibin Chick :lmao:
The Sale Of The Century :lmao:

and last but not least...

Poidor! :lmao:

:lmao:
"Today Australia experienced weather, in Melbourne, Adeliade, and Perth...."

"Saturday is expected to be followed by Sunday, then Sunday shall hang around for about 24 hours, before a late change into Monday."

"Digby where do you get those ties?"

I really like most of the cast, but the writing is piss poor and heads need to roll before next season.

I am not sure why I continue to watch knowing that I am not going to laugh. Maybe I am hoping something will surprise me.

Last night I watch the repeat with Tom Brady hosting. I laughed a few times. The best sketch was of the office workplace sexual harassment. THAT was funny. But most of the show left me sitting there in silence and zoning out. :|

What was funny was last weeks Best of Alec Baldwin. :up:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:scream: What the hell?

This show sucks so bad now!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Aside from a few moments(and those are few and far between), it's just not funny. It seems like after Will Ferrell left, the show went completely downhill.

bono_man2002 said:

"Today Australia experienced weather, in Melbourne, Adeliade, and Perth...."

"Saturday is expected to be followed by Sunday, then Sunday shall hang around for about 24 hours, before a late change into Monday."

"Digby where do you get those ties?"

McGahan is standing in the study with a fishing rod.

McGahan: “Good evening.”

McGahan casts his fishing line in the direction of the camera. He begins to reel it in which draws the camera forward until hitting the desk, all while McGahan looks concerned.

McGahan: “Good Evening. When God invented the fish…” (McGahan gestures to a large fish on the wall) “…he must have been particularly inspired- God, I mean, not the fish.”

McGahan drops the rod and walks towards the front left of the room. The camera changes but McGahan still looks at the first camera.

MsGahan: “For the fish…” (pause. Looks at correct camera.) “…and it’s close marine relatives the eel and seahorse are among several of the things I’ve just mentioned that live within the watery depths and indeed widths, of the ocean.”

McGahan walks past the edge of the set and is blinded by a stage light. He walks back still facing the camera. Still dazzled by the light, he runs into his desk where he sits down.

McGahan: “Hello, I’m David McGahan. And this…” (sweeping hand gesture) “…is David McGahan’s world.”

McGahan’s hand stops in front of the wooden Chinese figure.

“Well obviously not this Chinese man specifically. It was meant to be a more, you know, expansive or encompassing gesture.”

U2Girl1978 said:
Alec Baldwin or Christopher Walken need to be on there more often.

Did you catch the repeat last week that was all clips with Alec Baldwin?

I usually will just catch a small portion of the show - the beginning - see who the musical guest is. And the news. I've always liked the news. Too bad Jimmy Fallon left.... Oh well...

Angela Harlem said:
David McGahan: Here's a goat...

:shifty:

Funniest shit ever. His show was pretty good too, though it was on too late at night.

Cat, Cat, Cat Yeah!

Rodger Explosion ruled all. Shaun was indeed a genious, he was the real star of that show. Eric Bana was pretty brilliant also.

The only thing worth watching on that show is Weekend Update, but even that isn't so great

i like will ferrel, norm mcdonald, chris kattan, cheri oteri, adam sandler, horatio sanz, colin quinn, mike meyers, steve martin, christopher walken, tim meadows, darrell hammond, and chris parnell

ive tried watching a couple times the last year or two and its jsut horrible, i rather catch the old repeats but then again that goes for the simpsons too, i cant stand anything after 99 :down:

The older episodes with Dan Akykroyd, John Belushi, Jane Curtain,
Garrett Morris, Bill Murray, Laraine Newman, and Gilda Radner ...
were the ABSOLUTE BEST EVER of this TV program ... :applaud:

Pearl said:
The only thing worth watching on that show is Weekend Update

Yeah, the older episodes with Dan Akykroyd and Jane Curtain ...
With the classic segment of "Point and Counterpoint" ... and how they sparred back and forth with each other on different topics ...
Absolutely loved Dan Akykroyd's opening line ... "JANE ... YOU IGNORANT SLUT" ... :lmao: :lmao: ... The best line ever !!

SNL has gotten unbearable...yet I still watch sometimes?? :scratch: Don't know why since it's kind of depressing to think back to how good it used to be and then look at it now. The ep U2 was on last year was SO bad. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom