I cannot believe the Vikings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I am one sick and devastated football person right now. One of my favorite teams, the Minnesota Vikings, just blew their asses in the most stupid way! After starting the season 6-0, they ended up having to win today to keep a playoff spot, which they were even lucky to be close to. But come on guys, Randy Moss, Dante Culpepper, it's just ONE GAME! And no offense to any Cardinal fans, but they aren't the toughest team to beat this year. Even if they were, wouldn't the call of the playoffs and possible Super Bowl Glory be enough to drive the Vikings on?? But after having a 2 touchdown lead, they completely collapsed! Not only did they allow the onside kick to be recovered they failed in defense and lost in the last seconds. I am stunned and in disbelief, and disgrace, and disappointment. I am sick. How could they have let this happen? It was just one game. You think they'd have had more in them:sad:

:tsk:

I'm pretty disgusted by the whole season. Starting 6-0 and then finishing the way they did :tsk: I felt going in to today's game that even if they would have won today they would have lost the in the first round of the playoffs. I just wanted them to knock the Packers out :evil: but that didn't happen. Oh well....there's always next year right?

that was hilarious, made me feel slightly better about the rams

yet i still cry

Last edited:
Minnesota's loss was a sweet moment for us. We're so happy that the Packers are moving on! :heart: :hyper: I'm not much into sports...all I care about is the Packers, pretty much.

Unable to win on grass ever since they built that infernal dome.

Anyway, the happenings of about 7PM eastern time last night are once again an example of why the NFL is so far ahead of any other pro sports league. You can't do better than that in terms of late season drama.

Yeah Arw9797 there's always next year but I'm getting frustrated and hoping it happens before Culpepper and Moss are too old or traded or something. I really loved Cris Carter and I wanted them to win with him. That loss to Atlanta in the Championship a couple years back broke my heart. :sad: When they were 6-0 I thought for sure this must be the year. I'm a negative person, but I thought, they will at least make the playoffs! Now I see they are the first team since the 1978 Redskins to start off 6-0 and not go :banghead:

Headache I don't think there is an excuse. They were just too lame and lazy down the stretch. With their offense there is no excuse they couldn't have at least outscored someone. All it would have taken was one more game, any one game, to make the difference.

Bonochick I have nothing against Green Bay and I'm sorry for Brett losing his Dad :sad: but I really love the Vikings and I want it to be their turn. GB has a recent SB and 2 old ones. All the Vikings have are 4 lost ones and a lot of devastating playoff losses.

Chizip, don't feel bad about the Rams, at least they still qualified!

Hewson, you are right about the drama. NOTHING compares to NFL football and that's why it's so intense and exciting. There are fewer games and all of them matter. The stories that play out on the field, especially late in the season and in the playoffs, are historical drama that will live forever. I just really thought the Vikings had more in them than to let it slip away like that.:(

Football fortunes remind me of a Journey song:

Working hard to get my fill, everybody wants a thrill
paying anything to roll the dice, just one more time
some will win, some will lose, and some were born to sing the blues
oh the movie never ends it goes on and on and on and on

I wish the Vikings a happy ending, someday. I wonder if they feel as bad as I do. They have their money to comfort them, but I need little things like football championships and new U2 albums to keep me going. Right now, I'm pulling for one of my other teams, the Colts, who would have home field now if they hadn't screwed up :sigh: just like the Rams! But at least they made it. Once you're in anything can happen. That's why you HAVE to get in!! :scream: We'll see what unfolds. It should all be interesting.

Last edited:
:tsk: I'm looking out my window at work. I can see Winter Park, the Vikings headquarters. :barf: They really need to fix the Viking ship. It's broken.

I honestly don't feel bad at all that they lost. When they lost the first game it was no big deal but then the next and the next....whatever. I guess I'm used to the Vikings not being able to go all the way. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fair weather fan with this team. They're my hometown team and I've watched them my entire life. I'll always cheer for them no matter what but I guess I just expected the season to end this way.

The part that I'm upset about is those damn Packers! :mad: :tsk:

I'm a negative person and I try so hard not to get my hopes up, but when things looked good I can't help getting visions of glory and seeing them with the trophy. I will always love them too, I always stick with teams(I HATE fair weather fans and bandwagoners, which is another reason I hate Dallas, from the people I've know personally at least 8 out of 10 "Dallas fans" only brag when they are winning and switch teams, usually to the Raiders,when they suck) I've liked the Vikings since I was a kid in the Fran Tarkenton days. As a teenager I had the biggest crush on Tommy Kramer! But I just can't help feeling disappointed again. I know what you mean too about the bitterness of having their worst division enemy profit from their mistake too:(

Headache: unlike New York teams, the Vikings don't need an "excuse" - they fucked up

U2Kitten....thanks for starting this thread. I was going to do the same.

As a former season ticket holder and longtime fan...this may be the MOST painful conclusion to a season I have EVER seen. I was in the Detroit airport, waiting to get bumped from a flight, and saw that the Vi-queens were up by "enough" points with under four minutes to go. I stepped away. THREE hours later, I saw the recap, and seriously wanted punch something.

I almost think that it is more painful than the Atlanta loss during the NFC Championship.

What crap. Why do we follow this piece of crap team?

*Consoles ARW9797 and U2kitten.

Thanks Zoney :hug:

I feel like the little doll on the Island of Misfit Toys. "might as well go to sleep and start dreaming about next year" "I haven't any dreams left to dream"
bawling2.gif

Hewson the Colts had MANY chances and are only 12-4 by their own stupidity, which was close to the Vikings in lameness. The Colts started out 5 or 6-0, I forgot which. The Colts were tied with the Pats, and the Chiefs were ahead of both of them, when they met for the second time and the Colts lost in the last seconds at home. Until the last couple weeks, the Colts and Chiefs both had an excellent chance to secure the home field if they had won, or if the Pats had lost, or both. If all 3 teams had tied, the Colts held the tiebreaker. If they had not lost to the Jaguars, which was ignorant, and the lame last second loss to the Pats the Colts would have home field. Both the Colts and Chiefs came VERY close before screwing up. So don't just judge by the last week. They had plenty of chances, even very late.

zoney! said:

I almost think that it is more painful than the Atlanta loss during the NFC Championship.

Really? That was heartbreaking. I watching every single game that season and was so excited for the NFC championship game. One more game and it was the superbowl. That was just such a shock and I remember such quietness wherever I went the next day. Everyone was just devastated.

I don't know why....read my journal entry. While watching the 2nd quarter I knew the Packers were going to the playoffs and the Vikings were not. I'm just not surprised by this at all.

There's tons of cars in the parking lot at Winter Park. :hmm: I wonder what's going on there today.

Hewson said:
When did the Colts have a shot at home field??
The Pats are 14-2, Colts managed 12-4, nowhere near the top seed.

the colts were playing the pats and had 1st and goal from the 1 at the end of the game and couldnt get it in in 4 tries and lost because of it. if they could have gotten 1 more yard they would have won and been 13-3 and new england would have been 13-3 and the colts would have had the tie breaker because they would have beaten them.

arw9797 said:
There's tons of cars in the parking lot at Winter Park. :hmm: I wonder what's going on there today.

Everyone is packing up their lockers.

I was watching the Packer game at the Detroit Airport. I thought the Vikings had it wrapped up. :(

I will be cheering for Indy now. Not sure why. Probably because they are the nearest team (distance/miles) to me that will still be playing. And I just can't cheer for the Rams.

People, the Pats beat the Colts 5 weeks ago, and haven't lost since week 4, the home field was never in the Colts realistic grasp during the month of December. They should just feel fortunate they beat Houston to get their one home game. And not being able to stop the run they can't be too happy its Denver who's coming to the dome.

Packers fans send their condolences. . .we know this is a hard time for you and you are in our thoughts and prayers :wave:

*hides cheesehead from angry mob*

arw9797, I know where you're coming from. I've rooted for the Packers my whole life, and always will no matter if they win or lose, because my family's from Wisconsin and have rooted for the Packers for years. Those true fans are the best kind!!!

Don't ask me why my husband goes against me and roots for the 49ers. We live in Indiana for crying out loud :shrug:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
on a side note... on the dan patrick show yesterday the mayor of green bay invited nate poole to the packer game on sunday and offered to give him the key to the city :lmao:

That is awesome! :lmao:

It is good to know that even your mayor realizes you "backed" into the playoffs.

The Vikings are always lame. They pull this crap every year. Get used to it. There must be some secret jinx on them like the Cubs or Red Sox or something.

In the meantime, I can never root for the Packers. I did when I was a kid, they were my number 2 team and actually most other kids felt the same way. If the Vikings were out of it I'd cheer for the Pack. But once I got older and met some of the fans I changed my tune. (Not all Packer fans are bad...I'm sure everyone who is here is fine.) I have never been treated as badly by rival team fans than I have been by Packer fans. It is something I will never understand. So when the Vikings are out of it, I really don't care who wins.

I'm more of a baseball and hockey fan anyway.

Back
Top Bottom