I bought my tickets to Europe...look out world!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Well i finally went ahead and finalized my fall plans to go to Europe. Supporting the economy of our neighbors to the north by flying Air Canada (you can thank me later, kobe ;)) and landing in London. Spend a few days with one of my friends in Stoke-on-Trent, go to V2002, back to London, fly Ryanair to Oslo, see friends there, travel to western Norway, see more friends, attend wedding, back to Oslo, Ryanair flight to Frankfurt, then the train down to Lausanne, Switzerland. At which point I will turn 23. :D I'm planning on staying at this place in the Alps until December. If my money holds out, I'll push out my return farther than that.

I have a few weeks in October as well as December to travel about, and I'm quite seriously thinking of checking out Eastern Europe, so maybe I'll see a few of you there. :D

Annnnnyways, I'm excited. More incentive to finish up my last courses in the next few weeks. woohoo!

take me with you!!!!!!

I'm so jealous sulababe!!!
Is it already practically a year since the last trip, hard to believe isn't it?
Alrighty, just like last time, i expect weekly Euroemails from Sula's Fairytale Book!
My itch is bugging me so bad the past couple of months, Im going to start eating my limbs.
Congrats baby and enjoy! :cool:

Wow! That is awesome. I am still trying to plan my trip to europe and I am hoping to go either early next yr or next spring. Make sure that u come back and tell us all about the trip!

HOLY GEEZ!! When are you leaving??? Good for you! Hope you have a great time! and bring me back some cool Elbow souveniers if you find any!!!:sexywink:

awesome sula! by december i will know (i believe this to be true) exactly when and where ill be in europe next year.

ofcourse, we will never run into each other, but ya, its still awesome your goin!

have fun!

I might also be in Europe around that time :)
I'll probably be very busy though :(

That's awesome, sula!! Enjoy your time in Europe!! How I wish i could stay longer earlier this month...

:)

Last edited:
:( :( SULAAAAAAAAA :( :(
*is very jealous*

Have fun! Wont have lil old me to harass ya anymore lol... :heart: Come back in one peice, dont do anything too wild ;) *chants* de-ca-dence! in ex-cess! de-ca-dence! in ex-cess! hehehe... take care!

Yay!

Let me know if you come down to Slovenia and/or if you'll need any info on youth hostels here, ok?

So cool. I'm glad to hear that your plans are get finalized. Can't wait to hear more as things continue to come together. Sounds like you have some great plans already. I'm so jealous and happy for you at the same time!!! I wish I could go with you.

We'll chat soon, I hope. :) :) :yes: :) :)

Last edited:
Right on sula!! Add me to the insanely jealous crowd. Just curious... but, what happened to your plans to join the Peace Corp? Oh, and if you end up in eastern, eastern Europe, ie. Russia, I can give you all the advice you need girl!!

sweeeet! Good to hear Sula!

mebbe we'll be over there around the same time??? PM me! :D

have fun either way - though I know i dont need to tell you that!

Angel said:
Right on sula!! Add me to the insanely jealous crowd. Just curious... but, what happened to your plans to join the Peace Corp? Oh, and if you end up in eastern, eastern Europe, ie. Russia, I can give you all the advice you need girl!!

Still planning on the Peace Corps. I'm in the middle of the process, so the earliest assignment I could take would be starting next June. So that's the basic plan...hopefully really brush up on French while I'm living in Switzerland and then be even more prepared to go to French-speaking Africa (if that is indeed where they end up placing me). :yes:

You'll have a great time! Air Canada is quite a good airline. :)

If you can, you should get to Eastern Europe. It's the underappreciated part of Europe, yet in many ways has my favourite spots.

Prague is absolutely beautiful. Gdansk in Poland looks amazing. Budapest is breathtaking, and Bratislava is a nice little city as well. Croatia's coastline is, IMHO, the most beautiful in Europe, and Sarajevo is both culturally diverse and heartbreaking at the same time. There's a wealth of stuff to see, you can do it on a relatively small budget, and the people are among the friendliest in the world.

anitram said:

If you can, you should get to Eastern Europe. It's the underappreciated part of Europe, yet in many ways has my favourite spots.

cool. I've travelled many many airlines, but not Air Canada. So I am looking forward to adding it to my repetoire. :D

I'm really hoping to get over to Eastern Europe as I've heard it's less touristy, cheaper, and has lots of undiscovered gems. :yes: I have a friend in Budapest, so if I can get ahold of her, mebbe I'll swing over there. Also would like to see some of Austria and I want to get down to Croatia and Slovenia. Guess it will depend on the time and money. *boldly going off the beaten backpacker trail* :sexywink:

What a coincidence!!. I'll also be in Europe till december before heading to America in January. I'll be landing in San Francisco to visit a friend who'll be studying in Berkeley by then. Then heading south over the Pan-american highway to Costa Rica where another should be working on a research project by then. After that I'll fly to Peru and travel on through Bolivia and Paraguay to Sao Paulo and perhaps Rio de Janeiro, and if my schedule and money work out fine (still working on both of them) I'll return home somewhere in August/September next year.

Vorsprung said:
What a coincidence!!. I'll also be in Europe till december before heading to America in January.

Awesome! btw, if you're going to be home in October, I am trying to work out plans with some of the other Dutch interferencers to get together. Wanna join? :D

sulawesigirl4 said:

I have a friend in Budapest,

Budapest IS very touristy, just as Prague, Lake Balaton and parts of the Croatian Adriatic Coast. But apart from that, there's relatively little tourism in Eastern Europe

anitram said:

I like Air Canada because they upgraded me. :D

If you can, you should get to Eastern Europe. It's the underappreciated part of Europe, yet in many ways has my favourite spots. Prague is absolutely beautiful. Croatia's coastline is, IMHO, the most beautiful in Europe.

Ah, Eastern Europe. I wish I could go there. Someone also told me about Croatia having a beautiful coastline. *daydreams*

Vorsprung said:
Budapest IS very touristy, just as Prague, Lake Balaton and parts of the Croatian Adriatic Coast. But apart from that, there's relatively little tourism in Eastern Europe

Budapest is very touristy. In the last decade or so, the KFCs and McDonalds' have really invaded, and it's a pity, IMO.

Lake Balaton is really nice to go to, and they serve THE best Hungarian pancakes in the area. The ones filled with walnuts are the best.

The Croatian Adriatic coast is very busy all summer long, and August can be terrible, because that's when Italians get their yearly vacations, so they flock over. If you could get to Dubrovnik, definitely go. One of the best cities of Europe, without a doubt.

Have an AMAZING time! I'm very, very jealous, as I was born in Eastern Europe, and part of me will always consider it home. I'd love to know what you thought, if you decide to go. :)

wow. thanks for all the good tips and advice. You can bet i'll be back on here asking for more info before I decide to go anywhere. :yes: If i do get out east, it won't be till Octoberish, so hopefully that will be down season some. :D

yippee! i love travelling so much it's obscene. :p

Back
Top Bottom