I bought a copy of Jeff Buckley's "Grace" a couple days ago...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's shades

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
and I can't stop listening to it. This guy was incredible. What a voice! The word "angelic" doesn't even begin to do it justice, especially on "Corpus Christi Carol." And on top of that he could pull off a hard-rocking song like "Eternal Life." He was a terrific songwriter too, or at least had the potential to be one. I can't even imagine how great he might have become if only he hadn't died.

I just got the CD a month ago(Thanks, Bassy!!! :wave: :D ) and i must admit i've barely taken it out of my CD player the whole month. I am mezmerized. Theres something about his voice that literally just sucks my soul in and wrings it out.....I can't even explain the feeling. I am SOOOOO sad I missed this guy while he was still around.......
:banghead:

Why oh why did it take me so long to start truly appreciating good music?????

BTW you definitley need to get Mystery white boy......Live recordings that will blow you away....Particulary the first track--dream brother.......:drool: :drool: :drool:

and the rain is falling
and I believe my time has come...

it reminds me of the pain
I might leave, leave behind...

--"Grace"

Ali Rose said:
BTW you definitley need to get Mystery white boy......Live recordings that will blow you away....Particulary the first track--dream brother.......:drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks for the tip! I think I remember seeing that at the local music store. If it isn't there I guess there's always Amazon.com.

Thanks shady.I have held that CD in my hand on several occassions, but always put it back. The price has been dropping and dropping. I hope I didn't miss the chance. Your recommendation has bought it highter up my list.
I have a very special place in my heart for his dad, Tim. The Greeting From LA album was one my friend's played.I look forward to discovering what Jeff was expressing about Grace.

JEFF BUCKLEY!!!!!!
probably the most amazing song writer of the 90's

I also strongly recommend getting sketches
it's a 2 CD thing

CD2 is just him fulling around on an old 4 track, I think. He's not really taking himself seriously there, just having fun...so they're not songs that you will really grow to love emotionally.

BUT
CD1 is AMAZING! I actually think I like it better than grace.

Witches Rave
Nightmares by the Sea
Everybody Here Wants You

these are only a few of the flawless tracks on this CD.

And CD2 DOES have "Satisfied Mind" which is a beautiful song. He recorded it at his home you can hear him coughing in between lines and everything.
it's the song they played at his funeral, and the words are sooo fitting and peaceful....

When my life is over
and my time has run out
My friends and my loved ones, I'll leave there's no doubt
But one thing's for certain, when it comes my time
I'll leave this old world
with a satisfied mind

I want to be able to have that song played at my funeral, hopefully many years down the road. Right now it's a hard thing for me to say I have a completely satisfied mind.

Back
Top Bottom