I bet no-one replies to this post... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-08-2002, 12:55 AM   #16
Thom's Bitch
Local Time: 05:13 PM

Coldplay (although they are already big in most places now)

The Doves

Radiohead (a return to past mainstreamish greatness with a amaxing new album)

Limb Bizkit (I think most of us are getting over that scene now)

Nickleback (*yawn)

Powderfinger (australia: they need to do something new sounding im afraid or they will drop out soon)

Old 07-08-2002, 03:02 AM   #17
Jesus Online
Local Time: 06:13 PM
Interesting topic.
I agree with you brettig that POD are at least on the way up here. Maybe they are getting a lot of airplay in America which can lead people to be sick of them. I think we at least will support them for a bit longer if they continue as they are.
Kylie Minogue I also dont agree with that she is going down. As long as she makes music she will sell out Asia, the UK and here. She really has longevity whether we like her or not. She kind of appeals to a certain market anyway, and its not necessarily teens.
Another I'm not sure of is all the female solo artists mentioned. I'm not purposely disagreeing here to be an ass either lol. But I've always thought it is rare to see a female vocalist last long. There are the exceptions, but they tend to be a bit different. Madonna liked to shock everyone, Janet Jackson ..um I'm not sure why, but she lasted, Mariah Carey....well the girl at least has an absolutely amazing voice. Irritating songs yes, but she hit the top when there was not much competition in the way of quality voices. There are others, but most just come, hang around for a bit, then fade away. A lot have come on the scene and can sing, or they can write, or they can play an instrument. But I have always felt that female soloists get a bit of a raw deal as far as longevity goes.
Creed I think will do a Matchbox20 and just disappear one day. Not too long to wait I dont think. I dont really mind them, but I cant see them staying much longer.
Interesting call on Pink too, brett. I think I agree.

<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Old 07-08-2002, 06:26 AM   #18
War Child
Local Time: 03:13 PM

Australian acts on the way up -
Eskimo Joe
Old 07-08-2002, 09:55 AM   #19
love, blood, life
Local Time: 11:13 PM

and rock/guitar bands

Britney Spears
and all pop music
Old 07-08-2002, 10:10 AM   #20
Local Time: 08:13 AM
maybe the "try and avoid boybands and the like as they have a short shelf-life" comment wasn't quite as explicit as it could have been
Old 07-08-2002, 08:04 PM   #21
War Child
Local Time: 07:13 AM

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Well, their debut album is pretty feckin decent! And seeing em live at the weekend, apparently they rock.

The Frames: Hopefully anyway, classy Irish band, playing the main stage at Witnness this year, on the way up here anyway

The Parkinsons: I dunno either, from Portugal I think, hearing they are the "next big thing".

Limp Bizkit: We can only hope

Crazytown: Thankfully the horrible Butterfly, sugar, baby, shite spouting wasters won't come back

The Prodigy: Well, hopefully not, but I fear it could be the end. Will the new album be a success?? I haven't even heard the new song! They nearly didn't even make this song. Headlining the Witnness festivel at the weekend so not really going down at the mo, can't wait to see em live, but a "I hope not" tip for the exit door