I am the Walrus is putrid...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I used that smily as it was the closest to :reject:

Have to say I am not at all a fan of this song.... very dense, lot of noise, just can't get the old head around it...

I am the eggman... :yuck:

:reject: :reject: :reject: :reject: :reject:

Elementary penguin singing hare krishna, man you should've seen them kicking Edgar Allen Poe... :drool: :drool: :drool:

I love this song!

PlaTheGreat said:
yellow matter custard! dripping from a dead dog's eye!!!111!!!

:heart:

I love when John makes sense :happy:

inmyplace13 said:

Too soon.

cujo.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i believe john wrote the song as a response to people misinterpreting his previous song lyrics... so he figured he'd write a song that made no sense whatsoever, just to F with 'em.

Of course this song is nonsense, but from a production standpoint, it's one of the most innovative and creative studio creations in rock and roll history. Strawberry Fields Forever is an equally impressive achievement, but also has more pop elements to make it go down smoother. Walrus is just some fucked up shit.

The build-up to the end of the song is epic, and swells to this really ominous sounding conclusion. There's SO much going on there. Lennon even samples a BBC production of King Lear (if you listen closely you'll head a man say "Oh untimely death!"), which I believe is the first example of someone sampling vocals in a recording, and also is ironic considering Lennon's demise.

I'm not a big fan of this song.

Lennon spews nonsense, world falls all over themselves calling him a genius. But this time, for the wrong song. :yawn:

"Lennon composed the song by combining three separate songs he had been working on. Additionally, when he learned that a teacher at his old primary school was having his students analyse Beatles' lyrics, he added a verse of specifically nonsensical words designed to confuse listeners."

this is truly a genius song for many reasons

Zootlesque said:
Elementary penguin singing hare krishna, man you should've seen them kicking Edgar Allen Poe... :drool: :drool: :drool:
THAT's what that line is?! :lmao: I never quite managed to catch the first part of it. Man, I love penguins, this song just got about 10 times more awesome for me :hyper:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

THAT's what that line is?! :lmao: I never quite managed to catch the first part of it. Man, I love penguins, this song just got about 10 times more awesome for me :hyper:

:laugh:

corianderstem said:
I'm not a big fan of this song.

Lennon spews nonsense, world falls all over themselves calling him a genius. But this time, for the wrong song. :yawn:

:up:

I have never ever understood how just taking 2000 different random sounds from everywhere and putting them into one thing can be treated as 'cool', 'genius'...

For me I put it down to 'we're the beatles. we can put four minutes of fart noises on a record, get ringo to play a beat and itll be called groundbreaking'

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom