I am SO excited!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
I just bought Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits Video Collection on DVD :dance:

I can't wait to go home and watch them!!! :hyper:

That will be cool. I truthfully dont think I've seen all that many Smashing Pumpkins videos. The only ones I can remember are Today, Tonight, and 1979. I know I've seen more, I just dont remember them.

I know, me too! I know I have seen already Tonight, Tonight; Today; Disarm; Rocket; Bullet w/ Butterfly Wings; 1979; Thirty-Three; Ava Adore; Stand Inside Your Love and I think that's it. :shrug:
8/20? I have a lot of new stuff to discover!!! :D

Ok. "Stand Inside Your Love" has got to be the best video ever! :heart: Loving this compilation DVD. :up:

i told you i got that dvd three weekends ago. :angry:

is this your way of copying me?

just kidding ofcourse. :wink:

dont you think darcy is lovely in ava adore and thirty three? hmm?

Was there a video for Zero? If so, what's it like?

Zero is my favorite Smashing Pumpkins song.

Did they do a video for Everlasting Gaze too? Just wondering, cause that's also one of my favs.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
not even "Today"?

nope, not even "today"

i saw a re-run of SNL with them on it, that's the closest thing i've seen to a video

u2popmofo said:
Was there a video for Zero? If so, what's it like?
Zero is my favorite Smashing Pumpkins song.
Did they do a video for Everlasting Gaze too? Just wondering, cause that's also one of my favs.
Well, allow me to review the DVD for you. (As best I can remember anyhow).

Track Listing is as follows:

Siva - not bad for an early vid.
Rhinoceros - see above
Cherub Rock - for some reason I can't remember the video for this?
Today - :up: Strange video depicting Billy as an Ice Cream truck driver who picks up some hitch-hikers in the desert (the band) who later highjack him. Oh, and he keeps seeing people making out all over the place. :| :lol:
Disarm - The rooftop video. :up: Visually appealing.
Rocket (Two versions) - I have only watched the first version so far with the kids who build a rocket ship and take off into outer space. It's pretty cool, and typically Pumpkins quirky. There is band footage of them playing on some unknown planet all dressed in silver.
Bullet With Butterfly Wings - Absolutely amazing video. It's really interesting to listen to the director's commentary for this video and his concept.
1979 - A classic. From what I understand this video was at two different times, and the house in the video is actually owned by one of the kids in the video's parents and those are all his friends or something. :up:
Zero - Crap... I can't remember this video.... Oh wait!! I do... It's weird. It's sort of a fairytale medieval setting with the badn performing for the 'court'. Don't quote me on it.
Tonight,Tonight - Another great video by the Pumpkins. Probably second only to "Stand Inside your Love". So many bands have since tried to copy this concept. Brilliant brilliant video.
Thirty-Three - Good video, but not their best. It's typically quirky Pumpkins stuff, but not what a video for such a great song could be.
Ava Adore - Third best Pumpkins video ever! You know what? It's tied for second with Tonight, Tonight... It might actually be better. It *is* better. I am talking myself into it. I love the one take editing of it. Unbelievable. The band looks deliciously spooky in their gothic garb and the backdrops are incredible.
Perfect - Eery video. Filmed similar to 1979, and Thirty-Three with the jerky effects... Follows the story of a couple who have a child... and it appears she is pregnant again... but lo and behold... who is the daddy? Not her hubby... some young punk who takes off to rip off a convenience store and be chased by the police to later cause a head on collision with the hubby at the beginning of the video. :der: Seems to be fatal.
The Everlasting Gaze - A bit of a disappointing video really. Just the band playing in a wharehouse-like space with bright green floors, dressed in gothic-black clothing. The only redeeming aspect of this video is that its' one of two videos with new guitarist Melissa Auf der Mar.
Stand Inside Your Love - Unbelievable video. Also great director commentary. :up: Incredible concept. Very dark, black and white video portraying a love story between Billy and the female character. I can't even begin to describe it (sorry). You just got to see it yourself.
Try, Try, Try - :sad: Pregnant couple cracked out on heroine. :der:
Geek USA (live in Seattle) - Perfomance vid complete with clowns on stage.
An Ode to no One (live at the final metro performance) - Haven't watched it yet.
I am One (live footage) - See above.
Try- A Short film by Jonas Akerlund - See above and see above that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom