I am REALLY mad at Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Meringue

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So anyway, a few of us had tix to see Doves play at a club here in town on Friday night Sept. 6th. The gig was cancelled due to the fact they were going to appear on Letterman. Okay, bummed me out, but that was a pretty good excuse. Now I find out they don't tape the show on Fridays. They tape BOTH the Thursday and Friday shows on Thursday.

So why did they cancel our show!!!!!:rant: :mad: :scratch: :scream: :banghead:

Okay...I feel better now. Not really.

dizzy said:
Oh, that's too bad. I'm sorry. Now, I'm bummed out for having missed them on Letterman. :no:

Unless I live in another dimmension... September 6th has yet to happen. :crack:

Lemon Meringue said:
So anyway, a few of us had tix to see Doves play at a club here in town on Friday night Sept. 6th. The gig was cancelled due to the fact they were going to appear on Letterman. Okay, bummed me out, but that was a pretty good excuse. Now I find out they don't tape the show on Fridays. They tape BOTH the Thursday and Friday shows on Thursday.

So why did they cancel our show!!!!!:rant: :mad: :scratch: :scream: :banghead:

Okay...I feel better now. Not really.

so did u get the refund

Re: Re: I am REALLY mad at Doves

AcrobatMan said:

so did u get the refund

Yes, we got a refund.

I am just ranting because I was really looking forward to seeing them perform live. Plus being on a Friday night was :up: :yes: :happy: .

Oh, well.

Well its like I always say...."If ya can't beat em, Go see em in Chicago"
:shrug: Gonna be one heck of a lonely drive if I go though.....

The Wanderer said:
what city was this for? maybe the travel was the issue, not all bands have private jets

That's what I was thinking. It was for Minneapolis, so making both Letterman and the concert may have been a stretch.

I'm sorry you don't get to see them, Anita! But you know, you *could* always come to Chicago.... ;)

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
I'm sorry you don't get to see them, Anita! But you know, you *could* always come to Chicago.... ;)

hell, for $7 even I would make it to chicago!!

rackem frackem south dakota

Angel said:

Unless I live in another dimmension... September 6th has yet to happen. :crack:

LOL...I seem to be living in another dimension. :D Missed out on the 6 Sep. part. Am spaced out once again. :tsk:

Ok, now *I'M* mad at Doves

I went to buy tickets for the Chicago show only to discover that you have to be 21 to get into the venue!!!!

THE SHOW TAKES PLACE A WEEK BEFORE MY 21ST BIRTHDAY!!!! GAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!

I mean, I DO have, *ahem*, alternate forms of identification, but I'm not sure I want to pay for the ticket and risk not getting in. BLARGH.

Re: Ok, now *I'M* mad at Doves

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
I went to buy tickets for the Chicago show only to discover that you have to be 21 to get into the venue!!!!

THE SHOW TAKES PLACE A WEEK BEFORE MY 21ST BIRTHDAY!!!! GAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!

I mean, I DO have, *ahem*, alternate forms of identification, but I'm not sure I want to pay for the ticket and risk not getting in. BLARGH.

I think you should go for it! :yes: I have heard they are great to see live. Don't miss it when they are so close. Isn't the gig part of Oyster Fest? I bet you can get in no problem. Do it!

If I could swing a trip to Chicago, I would. Can't do it right now. :(

Elbow is playing here on the 10th, so that will have to do. I'm sure doves will play here some other time.

See, I'm not as crabby as I was a few days ago. :wink:

Oh, I shall try. In fact, Tiffany is coming to see the concert with me, so they best be lettin' me in. And, yes, it is a part of Oyster fest, which I still find amusing (C'mon! Oyster Fest?? A fest for oysters? :confused: :laugh:)

I'm going to see Elbow as well. Except on the 9th instead of the tenth. And in Chicago instead of in Minneapolis. You get the idea. :p

Back
Top Bottom