I am not a wino....but

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghetofabu

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I had to share my new discovery. Reisling wine. I am having it with flounder I got from the market earlier and made a type of stuffing or shrimp Etoufee to put on top of it and bake. *licks lips* I like to cook. Here is a little ( ok maybe not so little) history/bio on the wine I am talking about. Enjoy.

Riesling is a grape with many names - Weisser Riesling, Rheinriesling, Riesling Renano, and Johannisberg Riesling. Riesling is the 'precusor' to White Zinfandel - the wine that "sweet tooth" drinkers sought out before White Zinfandel became available. The Riesling grape is believed to be indigenous to Germany, and has been planted there since the fourteenth century. Riesling does the best in Germany and in California, but is also grown in the Alsace region of France, in Austria, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.

Riesling is a late-ripening grape, and only has a moderate yield. This makes it difficult to grow, and often the price reflects this. A cheap Riesling might be sharp, but a well grown riesling will be a sweet but complex white wine that ages very well. Riesling is affected by where it is grown - Californian Rieslings tend to be dry and have a melony taste, while Germanic Rieslings are more tart and 'grapefruity'. Other typical Riesling flavors include fruity and floral, as well as honey and musky.

Riesling goes very well with oriental dishes. It also goes well with seafood of all types, and is one of the few wines that goes well with chocolate. It is also great on its own, as a dessert wine. In Ontario, Canada, Riesling is used in the creation of Ice Wines.

i finished my dinner and it was bad ass with the flounder. I am having it with my dessert (fresh strawberries) and it is soooo good. sweet but not bitter. *sigh* heaven. :drool:

Damn if only I could find a man in the area who liked a woman who was smart, witty, liked to cook, was semi cute in her own way, intelligent, and sarcastic as hell, I would be set. :lol:

Any takers????????

A woman after my own heart, lol... but alas, alack, I dont live in the area... plus Im 17 despite everything, that is a great hinderance, one which is quite irritating... and have my interference eye on sula... but we'll just leave out that little tidbit since the name of the game is to make ghetofabu feel as though there are those who would truly appreciate someone of her demeanor, stature, personality, whatever the case may be... that and the fact that I really dont have a snowballs chance in hell of ever getting together with anyone here for many many years to come if ever... yes... tis a cruel world we live in... whoever the genius was that invented geography so seperate from precious interferenceland should be shot, lynched, shot again, beaten, stoned, buried, and have their grave danced upon to the tune of discoteque... I digress... it has been a long night and I merely feel like rambling on and on about useless mind-numbing things...

I am very sorry my young jail bait brother to hear of your suffering and strife. Life is pain, so is geography I am afraid.

I love living in the bay area - lots of awesome wineries less than an hour away. Gewurtzraminers (weird name, good taste) and Viogniers are also good white wines. If ya wanna desert wine, try a muscat canelli, late harvest zinfandel or a port (although there are plenty of cheap and bad tasting ports out there). Zinfandels are my current favorite though, my favorite red wine is an awesome zinfandel (17.2% alcohol!) that's unfortunately only sold direct from a winery that's about 2 hours away from here...but damn it's good!!

Living in the bay area has turned me into a total wine snob - anyone wanna go wine tasting with me? :D

ghetofabu said:
Damn if only I could find a man in the area who liked a woman who was smart, witty, liked to cook, was semi cute in her own way, intelligent, and sarcastic as hell, I would be set. :lol:

Any takers????????

I like the description, 'cept I'm not exactly in the area.

Ain't it always that way?

I really like a wine called Dancing Bull and also Johannisberg Riesling wine! I dont drink that much wine but when I do its often one of these wines.

Ne 1 heard of Dancing Bull?

My uncle is in charge of all of the Gallo wineries in Sonoma and surrounding areas.

adamswildhoney said:

My uncle is in charge of all of the Gallo wineries in Sonoma and surrounding areas.

That sounds like a cool ass job. I would just ask for wine on b-days and Xmas.

hmmmm- wine, I love wine- it is probably my fave alcoholic drink, although I must say that I prefer reds to whites, but then I still love my white wines... I dont mind a reisling every now and then, but sometimes I find it just a little sweet, I enjoy dry whites the most and love a nice sauvignon blanc- a very distinctive, dry tasting grape.....but of all grapes to recommend I would insist on the 'Dolcetto' grape- a red that has a natural 'fizante' to it- the wine is served slightly chilled (which I have found is the only red I could think of drinking chilled) and the natural fizante in the grape gives the wine a slight sparkling quality and it is beautiful on hot and balmy summer days with a warm salad....I dont know many wine varieties that make dolcetto, but the Australia wine makers 'Brown Brothers' make a beautiful Dolcetto, in fact for any of you international wine lovers I would strongly suggest you try some Australian wines, we really do make some of the best in the world- some of these varieties I would assume would be available throughout the world,

Jacob's Creek
Penfolds
Rosemount Wines

gotta love the wine:drool:

huh.......not a big fan of wine meself.....give me a carlsberg any day!

not sure that i like the whole "oooh nice bouquet" mentality, but i guess each to their own!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom