I Am Legend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was pretty cool. I thought it was a little too short though, I'd have liked about 15-30 minutes more of Will by himself before everything starts happening.

Am I the only one who had 28 Days/Weeks Later flashbacks when I saw the infected?

Oh and those devildogs were absolutely killer.

It was pretty much exactly what I expected it would be.

I didn't like the way the infected people looked. I couldn't stop thinking about House of the Dead, the video game where you shoot at the zombies. It was distracting.

My favorite scene was when Will Smith was reciting along with the Shrek dvd. I thought that was really creepy.

I was glad that I wasn't the one who paid for the tickets.

Has to contain some of the worst CGI I've ever seen for a big budget movie of this kind.

I enjoyed the scenes shot during the day, but everything else was pathetic. 28 Days Later did it better.

I LOVED it! The CGI didn't bother me, because, well, I don't really play video games . . . and at least the whole thing wasn't phoney looking.

I was so tense and taught for almost the entire movie. The only other movies I can remember being that tense at, off the top of my head, were "United 93" and "Silence of the Lambs".

Great, great flick. Will Smith was awesome. The scene where he finally talks to the girl mannequin in the video store just broke my heart. :sad:

FitzChivalry said:
I LOVED it! The CGI didn't bother me, because, well, I don't really play video games . . . and at least the whole thing wasn't phoney looking.

Ha ha, me too. I was seriously creeped out by the first glimpse of the zombie dudes.

I really enjoyed the movie.

I found the crap CGI far too distracting. The wildlife and "monsters" were cartoony and reminded me of the Imhotep in Stephen Sommers' equally dreadful The Mummy. Talk about a mood killer.

Also, the less said about the ending the better.

Great performance by Smith, though.

corianderstem said:

Ha ha, me too. I was seriously creeped out by the first glimpse of the zombie dudes.

I really enjoyed the movie.

The effects used on zombies didn't bother me that much, but they weren't great either. The effects and attention to detail were incredible though. That distracted me from any possibly mediocre effects work in the entire film.

The Flood in Halo scare me a bit more though, but hey, it's fucking Halo.

Well it was pretty phat when Simba & Nala busted out of Lion King and ate that deer.

phillyfan26 said:
I thought the movie was meh, but Will Smith was great.

Agreed.

After the movie me and my friend were picking flaws in the movie but i cant remember many of the top of my head atm.

Btw why didnt refuge point pick up on will smiths radio broadcast and why didnt the refuge point have a radio broadcast themselves ?

CTU2fan said:
I thought it was pretty cool. I thought it was a little too short though, I'd have liked about 15-30 minutes more of Will by himself before everything starts happening.

Am I the only one who had 28 Days/Weeks Later flashbacks when I saw the infected?

Oh and those devildogs were absolutely killer.

Yeah I still need to see it and my friend did tell me that it reminded him of 28 days later!...I think I will see it tomorrow :hmm:

Those dark seekers were intelligent until the 'Leader' started smashing his head against the glass :scratch:

vaz02 said:
Those dark seekers were intelligent until the 'Leader' started smashing his head against the glass :scratch:

Ya... and why they don't bleed.

I wish they'd explain how the hell these creatures all of a sudden had all these superhuman senses and their intelligence... as you saw how they learnt to lay a trap for Smith.

Well, they ARE (or were) humans. I know that doesn't explain the senses and why they didn't bleed, but it explains how they could set a trap.

I was under the belief smith set the trap himself and only realised it until he put his foot in it.

I thought that at first too, but then you figure the creatures saw the trap Smith had set for them and then duplicated it. And also moved the mannequin so he'd be lured into the trap.

Back
Top Bottom