I am in a crunch for time and need some music ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
OK so I have been pretty busy as of late with working 2 jobs all summer and now school, work and volunteering. I have not had as much time as I would like to catch up on music as of late. So I am wondering if anyone has some ideas of stuff for me to check out.

thanks...

DiGi said:
OK so I have been pretty busy as of late with working 2 jobs all summer and now school, work and volunteering. I have not had as much time as I would like to catch up on music as of late. So I am wondering if anyone has some ideas of stuff for me to check out.

thanks...

what kind of music u generally like..so that i can recommend something u might like :wink:

dillinger escape plan - miss machine
the streets - a grand dont come for free
tv on the radio - forgot the name of album
ac newman - see tv on the radio

you can thank me later :wink:

Since you're the one who told me about digitally imported, as far as electronic stuff goes, I'd recommend some BT to you if you aren't already into him.

Also, in fulfillment of my office as resident Placebho, I'd recommend you pick up Placebo's greatest hits, which is coming out in October. Good pure rock music. :up:

You might know these already and these are just my taste but here ya' go...:wink:

1. Muse
2. 30 Seconds To Mars
3. Silverchair
4. Jane's Addiction
5. Fastball
6. New Order

;)

If you havent checked out The Fiery Furnaces yet, you probably should. Not sure if you'll like them, but they're at least worth knowing about. HeartlandGirl and I saw them open for The Shins in May. Their latest album, 'Blueberry Boat' has gotten some majorly good reviews (see Pitchfork). I'm still not sure if I prefer 'Blueberry Boat' or their first album, 'Gallowsbird's Bark', but they're both very good. Their first is a bit more standard songwriting, their most recent has very long songs that pretty much include 3 to 4 songs/melodies in each. Very interesting stuff.

I'll agree with HeartlandGirl about BT along the electronic music lines, and I'll also recommend DJ Tiesto (I'm sure she will too). I've really been digging him lately.

I also better agree about Placebo, or I'll get in major trouble. :wink: Seriously though, their most recent album 'Sleeping With Ghosts' was amazing. The Greatest Hits CD should be a good bet too.

Here are some other bands/albums I've been digging lately that I think you may like:

Dismemberment Plan - 'Emergency & I' & 'Change'
Cursive - 'The Ugly Organ'
Cooper Temple Clause - 'Kick Up the Fire, And Let the Flames Break Loose'
Bjork - 'Greatest Hits' & 'Medulla'
The Cure - 'The Cure' & 'Disintegration'
Beta Band - 'Heroes to Zeroes'
M83 - 'Dead Cities, Red Seas, & Lost Ghosts'

The Wrens - Meadowlands
Kate Rogers - St. Eustacia
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Tyranny of Distance

popmofo.. check if you can access my files on soulseek again. i have altered my internet situation.

Last edited:
British Sea Power -The Decline Of British Sea Power

Guided By Voices -Half Smiles Of The Decomposed

You won't be dissappointed. :)

SkeeK said:

popmofo.. check if you can access my files on soulseek again. i have altered my internet situation.

skeek what did you do. i can never access jack on that program. I am guessing its due to router configurations which i never bother messing with....

the wrens album you mentioned is good stuff, I have had it for a while now and really like it. good suggestion.

Lately I've been listening to some more mellow stuff:
Hem - Rabbit Songs
Rachel's - Systems/Layers

It's definitely calming-type music, but that might be useful for you now anyway...
:)

Back
Top Bottom