I am going to the North...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The peg rules, especially if you don't live there anymore.

:up:

fah said:
Southwest Canada is where you want to be :hyper:
And it rarely snows there, too! Ah, I miss my Vancouver (living in Kelowna until I leave for Cancun for a few months)...

2507nightnortha.jpg

fah, which part of Van are you in? I used to live in Kits on 3rd and Arbutus, then moved to 33rd and Carnarvin (by MacDonald), and then back to Kits (3rd and Larch). Oh, how I miss Van. The beaches, the mountains, the mild weather, the February springs, Stanley Park..... The most beautiful city in N. America.

fah said:
I'm actually in North Van....kind of near Deep Cove/Mt Seymour :up:
"ALL. YOU. LOOK. SO. BEAUTIFUL...TONIGHT..."

Sorry, let me get a hold of myself. This song is so amazing. I think it's up with their best songs. Okay, enough of that....

Yes, Deep Cove is gorgeous. North Van is great...so different than the hustle and bustle that lies just across the inlet. I will move back to Van one day. Yes.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
MG- why are you heading to Cancun?
To work with a friend of mine who's been down there (Playa del Carmen to be exact) for a few years. He's been trying to lure me down for a while, and I've finally caved to the pressure of getting rid of my student loan debt. He works for a huge time share company....should be interesting, but I'm sure temporary! I'm really only in it for the aqua water and white sand beaches.

Last edited:
MG, Playa del Carmen is great.

However, be aware of the fact that local people hate timeshares and that the first thing tourists are informed on the buses out of Cancun airport is that there is only one sort of shark in Playa - the kind that runs a timeshare, lol.

The Mayan Riviera is beautiful, though.

anitram said:
MG, Playa del Carmen is great.

However, be aware of the fact that local people hate timeshares and that the first thing tourists are informed on the buses out of Cancun airport is that there is only one sort of shark in Playa - the kind that runs a timeshare, lol.

The Mayan Riviera is beautiful, though.
Yeah, I know. This is precisely why I've had huge reservations about it and have turned my friend down on numerous occasions. I figure I'll do it for 3 months to pay off my student loan, and that's it. Playa del Carmen and especially Cancun are hardly what I'd call Mexico. More like Miami relocated. But the natural scenery is beautiful.

Actually, it's more like Acapulco relocated + an imported Walmart. Cancun is what Acapulco was in the 70s and 80s.

zoney! said:
spinning77 -

I haven't officially "signed-up" yet...but I plan on coming up.

Is there a deadline? :uhoh:

There is not cut off date, but there are a limited number of packages available. Unfortunatly because the pre party has a limited capacity only people with a weekend package will be able to get into the pre party/post party.

However, you can also pay at the door for all events.

I am sooo late reading this thread again. Zone you're coming too? This is going to be so incredibly awesome. Between you and cydewaze, there isn't going to be a kitkat left in the city!

Back
Top Bottom