I am going to see some of my fav figure skaters Friday night!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I almost forgot...but I bought a ticket for that monopoly, over-priced "Hancock presents Olympic stars on ice" after the Winter Games. :lol:

But I'm quite excited to go. Haven't been to one of these since 92 when Victor Petrenko and Kristi Yamaguchi were the big winners. :D Speaking of Victor...he is on the bill. :up:

Nicole Bobek - U.S.
Surya Bonaly - France
Sasha Cohen - U.S.**
Irina Grigorian - Russia
Sara Hughes - U.S**
Michelle Kwan - U.S. :heart:
Irina Slutskaya - Russia
Philippe Candeloro - France (woohoo, he is always such fun to watch!)
Rudy Galindo - U.S.
Timothy Goebel - U.S.**
Dan Hollander - U.S.
Victor Petrenko - Ukraine
Evgeny Plushenko - Russia
Elvis Stojko - Canada (he'll always be a champion to me :heart: :heart: )
Michael Weiss - U.S.
Alexei Yagudin - Russia** (humina!)
Marina Anissina &Gwendal Peizerat - France**
Shae-Lynn Bourne & Victor Kraatz - Canada**
Galit Chait & Sergei Sakhnovsky - Israel**
Naomi Lang & Peter Tchernyshev - U.S.**
Elizabeth Punsalan & Jerod Swallow - U.S.
Vladimir Besedin & Oleksiy Polishchuk - Ukraine
Isabelle Brasseur & Lloyd Eisler - Canada
Oksana Kazakova & Artur Dmitriev - Russia (I miss Natalya, but it will be great to see Artur)

**Skaters may vary with each performance due to injury or schedule conflicts.

*is excited*

I am bringing my camera, although if any pics turn out it will be a miracle. :D

Have a great time

I saw it in April, and it was very enjoyable. I'd never seen Michelle in person, and that was my main reason for going. I was surprised at how many mistakes they made though.

Michelle was flawless-and she does the Fields Of Gold routine :heart:

I was lucky enough to have third row. It is so tough to get pics-they skate so fast. I felt I was missing a lot taking pics. Anyway,this is the only half decent one I got-sorry it's so huge.

I just love her spiral..

Attachments

• ek_1.jpg
    ek_1.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
They use Elevation in one of the group mumbers too.

Michael Weiss-not a very good pic, but I guess I was distracted.

There's something about those leather pants..:mac: :p

Attachments

• mws3.jpg
    mws3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 49
When I was young I used to have a crush on Victor ... I don't anymore.

The whole Fields of Gold routine makes me cry ... I loveth that song so much.

I did not attend, but Sara Hughes was NOT at the Birmingham performance 2 weeks ago (as your double asterisk potentially indicates). They made light of that on the local news that night.

~U2Alabama

Sula I am sooo jealous!! You knwo how much I love skating! Youre going to have a ball....I want to hear EVERYTHING that happens!!

...and what a line up of stars! I love Brasseur and Eisler...and Shae and Vic, and Annisina and Pez...and ELVIS! And Phillipe! And Alexei Yagudin (ohmy)...and *can't finish...too excited*

Have fun!!!

I'm hoping to go to see them here on July 13th. My friend met Alexei and Philippe at a hotel in OKC a couple of weeks ago when they were there. They said they were really nice and Alexei bought her a couple of drinks. She said, he was nice but he does think he's the "shit". LOL! We'll, he's Olympic Gold medalist, so I'm sure he does!!!

Anyway, I love skating too, and I'm totally looking forward to seeing them perform as well. YEAH SKATING!!! :p

I looooove figure skating! I even attempted ice skating lessons once...didn't help much, lol! They make it look so easy!

I can't believe I missed the "Hancock presents Olympic stars on ice" show! I just checked the website for the arena here...they where here June 18! Last Tuesday!

ugh :huh: *bangs head on desk*

:mad: :scream: :sad: :mad: :scream: :sad:

Last edited:
ABEL said:
I looooove figure skating! I even attempted ice skating lessons once...didn't help much, lol! They make it look so easy!

I can't believe I missed the "Hancock presents Olympic stars on ice" show! I just checked the website for the arena here...they where here June 18! Last Tuesday!

ugh :huh: *bangs head on desk*

:mad: :scream: :sad: :mad: :scream: :sad:

the reason it didn't help much was because of all that silly string tied up in your skates :tongue: :lol:

Hey, cool pic, Gina! My seat won't be quite so close :( cuz I didn't realize they were selling tickets till a bit later, but I am in the lower level, so it should be pretty decent.

The line-up for the Minneapolis show, assuming no one cancels last minute, is supposed to be: Michelle Kwan , Alexei Yagudin , Sarah Hughes , Timothy Goebel , Evgeni Plushenko , Irina Slutskaya , Marina Anissina and Gwendal Peizerat , Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz , Michael Weiss , Naomi Lang and Peter Tchernyshev , Nicole Bobek , Oksana Kazakova and Artur Dmitriev , Rudy Galindo , Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerod Swallow , Elvis Stojko , Dan Hollander , Surya Bonaly , Victor Petrenko , Isabelle Brasseur and Lloyd Eisler , Irina Grigorian , Vladimir Besedin and Oleksiy Polishuk.

JessicaAnn, I used to have a crush on Victor too! :silent: hehe.

And SweetestThing, you know I'll be telling ya alllll the gory details when I get back. :D Maybe I should take notes. ;)

wooohooo!

diamond said:
I like Philpe.
hes like Bono on blades.
:D
Diamond

Me too! I he's a great skater, so much fun the way he acts out characters and he's hot!

That sounds like a great show Sula, you're lucky!

sulawesigirl4 said:
The line-up for the Minneapolis show, assuming no one cancels last minute, is supposed to be: Michelle Kwan , Alexei Yagudin , Sarah Hughes , Timothy Goebel , Evgeni Plushenko , Irina Slutskaya , Marina Anissina and Gwendal Peizerat , Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz , Michael Weiss , Naomi Lang and Peter Tchernyshev , Nicole Bobek , Oksana Kazakova and Artur Dmitriev , Rudy Galindo , Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerod Swallow , Elvis Stojko , Dan Hollander , Surya Bonaly , Victor Petrenko , Isabelle Brasseur and Lloyd Eisler , Irina Grigorian , Vladimir Besedin and Oleksiy Polishuk.

sula,

since we are without a doubt, unequivocally, referring to a sport:p here this post belongs in PEUP(or payup as i like to call it). however, seeing as i'm powerless to do anything about it, i will wish you a good time and be on my way:D

Back
Top Bottom