I am going to meet U2Bama and Miss Alabama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
They have landed safely, I will most likely meet them tonight.

They are coming over to my house tomorrow for the BIG showdown between the often misguided Crimson Tide of Alabama and the Sooners of Oklahoma :up:

To make them feel at home, I have attempted to grow a beard and will be wearing overalls for the occasion. I have also knocked out a couple of my teeth and started chewing Beach Nut, because a country boy can survive :D

I have also had all of my plumbing turned off so as not to confuse them, and I have arranged to have livestock ( pigs, cows, Johnny Swallow ;) , horses ) placed in my back yard by the still.

:laugh::lmao:

I will also be looking for signs of humor in Mr. Bama, since that has oft been in question. And I will try not to let him be a bad influence on me.:lmao:

We will have some adult beverages (light) in all of your honors! :)

It should be a merry time had by all, and I look forward to meeting my friends from Alabama :up:

XOXOXO:der::sexywink:

man! that would be awesome to hang out with you guys.

can i come too?

please, z edge, have a pen and paper and write and everything down and report to us.

let us know if he EVER smiles, or displays ANY emotion or even effection for his wife. same goes for his wife. is it possible she too doesnt display feelings?

it will interesting to see how this goes...

Zoomerang96 said:

please, z edge, have a pen and paper and write and everything down and report to us.

better yet, z edge, do you have web cam? how's about you provide us with some live feedback from the encounter? and be sure to keep the cam on Bama's face at all times during the game, so that we can examine and evaluate any potential (though rare) facial expressions/movement.

haha trip through the yopur wires...

i laugh because your funny..

but if you werent good looking i wouldnt pay any attention to you.

like responding to you here.

really why would i?

looks are all that matter to me.

*shrugs

:sexywink:

LOL at all of you

I just got back from the initial Bama meeting & drinking session.

Bama definitely showed signs of humor and used his "arrow finger" to show me tha tsome of what I said to him could have been perceived "offensive" to some. Not him though.

He and the lovely Misssus never even seemed to notice my bad hygiene.

Who is bastardbear?

Happy Birthday Sicey? (why aren't you :dance: :madspit: )

XOXOXO:sexywink: :der:

:angry:

z edge said:
Happy Birthday Sicey? (why aren't you :dance: :madspit: )

XOXOXO:sexywink: :der:

:angry:

I just got back.. . :D God was it hot sweaty and sexy in that club with my baby :drool:

I'm going to post a thread in IO :sick:

glad you all had fun Z! I missed everything...I fell alseep on the sofa last night :yawn: :tsk:

is this what you looked like?

z edge said:

To make them feel at home, I have attempted to grow a beard and will be wearing overalls for the occasion. I have also knocked out a couple of my teeth

:lmao: Hope you had a great day w/ Bama and the lovely Mrs. Bama

:tongue: :D :p well, no beard, but...

hick.jpg

Last edited:
Yes Bubba, scared the shit(e) out of me too.

GM, nice pic:D

Bama and his lovely Miss Alabama just left, as did the lovely HeartlandGirl and her very cool husband.

I had a wonderful time tailgating today with Bama and his clan, and watching the game with HeartlandGirl and her husband.

It was a great game, though we lost our starting QB possibly for the season which really fucks us.

I was able to introduce the guests to my compound to include my love room and my war room. They did not find my livestock offensive.

It is great to meet U2 fans in person, whether they live in your city or across the country. I think they will post pics soon.

Now that I've finished watching the sexy :heart: Bradlee Van Pelt :heart: in the Colorado State game, I'm here to say that I had a great time today!

z edge was kind enough to invite me and mine over for a little football. We had a lot of high fives (not so many in the third quarter, though) and enjoyed the game. I figured it would be a close game.

After the game, z edge popped in the Elevation DVD and violated the new noise disturbance ordinance all the way from Elevation to Walk On. People passing by gave us strange looks...people in OU garb sitting with people in Bama shirts. Bama and his wife were so nice, as were their friends from Alabama.

We shared some pizza, beer, and good times tonight. Viewing the love room and the war room was definitely a highlight! :eek:

Overall, I am so glad I got the chance to meet some other interferencers. Meeting z edge, U2Bama, and Mrs. U2Bama (who is also a big U2 fan) reaffirmed what I already believed, namely that U2 fans are some of the nicest people you'll ever know. :yes:

Last edited:
HeartlandGirl said:

Overall, I am so glad I got the chance to meet some other interferencers. Meeting z edge, U2Bama, and Mrs. U2Bama (who is also a big U2 fan) reaffirmed what I already believed, namely that U2 fans are some of the nicest people you'll ever know. :yes:

Cool!

Again, thanks for coming.

One thing important to note that we didn't even talk that much about U2 or Interference, yet we still had a lot in common and had a great time.

It reminds me that I have spent way too much time here in this place, which is about to change.

I came here as a U2 fan, and will leave as such. Nobody can ever take that away from me.

Peace

z edge said:

It is great to meet U2 fans in person, whether they live in your city or across the country. I think they will post pics soon.

You're right z, meeting other fans is great! Glad you all had a good time. Glad to hear you behaved yourself. ;)

Yes, post pictures soon!

Sounds like you all (or should I say y"all) had fun. Good for you! Looking forward to possibly seeing some pics.

You are so right...it IS fun to have a chance to meet other fans.

And now we are back in Sweet Home Alabama.

It was indeed a pleasure meeting Z Edge, Heartland Girl, and Mr. Heartland Guy. It was the end of a busy week of travelling for my wife and I, and Norman, Oklahoma truly felt a lot like our own home state. The Oklahoma Sooners' team colors are the same as Alabama's (crimson & white), they share a tradition of great football, and they are some of the classiest people I have ever encountered on the college football circuit.

Z Edge makes a tasty (and huge) hamburger, in case any of you are ever starving while passing through the OKC area. Hotel cocktail lounges are great places for fellowship, especially if they don't have karaoke. Z edge and I socialized over a few BUDWEISER long-necks (take that, speedracer) as they did not offer Michelob Light. This went on well into the early hours of Saturday morning. Z edge was the only OU fan other than the barternder, as many of my Bama brethren had also taken up residence at Holiday Inn Norman. Saturday, he hosted my wife and I and four of our friends from home for a splendid tailgate party, at which the Heartlands also showed up.

Heartland Girl and her husband are a cool couple; she and I did not even get into any vented Free Your Mind or vegetarianism debates.

The only thing I hated about my visit was about the last 3 minutes and 30 seconds of the football game; we were up 27-23, then allowed a TD, and turned the ball over for another OU TD before we could get into field position for a field goal. We lost 37-27 to the #2 team in the nation. I urge y'all NOT to back out of/postpone next year's return match in Tuscaloosa. It would make a great series and I am certain that y'all would enjoy Tuscaloosa; it reminds me very much of Norman. Playing as well as we did against a team like Oklahoma gives me hope for the rest of the season.

The Wanderer, you lost on the points.

Achtung Bubba, I thought Auburn looked pretty good on the road against another one of the winningest teams in college football history, Southern Cal (we attended that game Monday night). Unfortunately, your team fell short in the end like mine did. Also, congratulations on beating Western Carolina from NCAA Division 1-AA.

Roll Tide.

~U2Alabama

I WANT PHOTOS.

GM, who is that? is that Z??? Why wasnt' I invited???? :grumpy:
*edit* NEVERMIND. :banghead: That guy has some serious back hair, though.

WTF is a still????

Isn't meeting Interferencers FUN????? :dance:

Last edited:
U2Bama said:
Am I what cute, Martha? What were you referencing?
~U2Alabama

It wasn't the photo, my dear. That long post describing your trip and the fun you had was so cute! The football info, the descriptions of the people, the asides to specific Interferencers. It was just, well...cute!

Forgive me. I am frequently mushy, and I like the guyness of men.

U2Bama said:

Mr. Heartland Guy.

she and I did not even get into any vented Free Your Mind or vegetarianism debates.

:lmao: at Mr. Heartland Guy. I've got to tell him about that...he'll get a kick out of it. The few times my husband posts, he uses the name Joshmartian.

And yes, we did not get into any free your mind debates, but he did try to tempt me into eating a pepperoni. :D

I'm glad you and your wife made it home safely, by the way. Good luck in your next football game. We have UTEP up next, and all I have to say is, mmmm...cupcakes. :drool:

Martha:

I am glad to hear that my cute posts entertain you.

Heartland_Girl:

We have "North Texas State" next week, yes, also a cupcake, but they won the Sunbelt Conference or something like that last year. If I ercall correctly, you said the same thing about "cupcakes" when WE played UTEP last year; they were tasty indeed, to the tune of 56-7.

PLEASE encourage your Athletic Department not to postpone next year's return game in Tuscaloosa. The spirit of Saturday's game was great, as were the fans and teams of each side, and I would really like to see it here and return the Southern hospitality. I hope OU wins the rest of their games this season.

~U2Alabama

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom