I am going to meet U2Bama and Miss Alabama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Bama said:

PLEASE encourage your Athletic Department not to postpone next year's return game in Tuscaloosa. The spirit of Saturday's game was great, as were the fans and teams of each side, and I would really like to see it here and return the Southern hospitality. I hope OU wins the rest of their games this season.

~U2Alabama

I didn't realize our athletic department was trying to postpone the game. Are they trying to move it to another year? Hmmm...I'll have to check into it. My sister is in a wedding in Alabama, perhaps next year, but the date hasn't been set. Maybe I'll see if I can talk her friend into getting married on the day of the OU-Bama game... :macdevil: if the game isn't postponed, of course. Then we could all just road trip on down to Tuscaloosa.

Thanks for saying you hope we win the rest of our games. I do too, and I wish the best for the Crimson Tide as well. They are both teams with top notch tradition, and I don't think it's good for college football when either one is down.

Last edited:
Apparently your Athletic Director, Joe Castiglione, has some concerns about playing both UCLA (in Norman) AND Alabama (in Tuscaloosa) next year. His predecessor scheduled the 2 games for the same season, and Castiglione is not comfortable with it for BCS reasons.

Although it would likely give OU GOOD numbers for strength of schedule purposes, it would harm OU's BCS numbers if OU lost one or both of the games. Another factor I saw mentioned on an Alabama site is that if WE still have our post-season ban next year (which is currently under a favorable appeal), then we would not count in favor of your strength-of-schedule, but a Bama win would help you nonetheless. That sounds like a bit of a stretch and I have not read the official BCS bylaw on it.

Apparently this all came to light in OKC and Norman media last week, so it is not something reactionary to this past week's game (which OU obviously won). Our local news began covering it Sunday, after our AD Mal Moore confirmed it on Saturday. He has no comment at this time other than confirming the proposal from OU to move the game back to some time within the decade.

If you can use your OU press credentials to find out the skinny on this, I would be thrilled, to say the least.

It would put us in a predicament of finding a similar opponent for that weekend as opposed to another North Texas State or UTEP or whatever. At this time, Notre Dame has the weekend open, and we have been trying to work out a series with them, but I think it would be too late to work them into the schedule.

No, it is not good for such teams to be "down." I missed Oklahoma's presence as a contender through much of the 90s, and I pulled strongly for the Sooners vs. FSU in 2000.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom