I am going to learn to drive this summer...what kind of car should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a feeling that a BMW and a Jag would be a bit out of my price range, even used! (pre-loved...whatever! LOL!) I'd love a Beetle (afterall, that's what Edge used to drive!) but they are very expensive too.

Cass, you are right. I can't wait to drive around blasting U2 on the stereo...it will be great! :D

What is a "Rally Car"? :huh:

Rally races occur mostly through Europe and Australia, but there are some in the US.

It is an organized race mostly through dirt roads or other such courses throughout various country sides, not on a track.

The most famous has to be the Paris-Dakar rallye...

I'm a Honda girl all the way, mine is a 1990 Accord at 160,000 miles and going strong. They have good gas mileage and are very reliable. I would echo the sentiments of learning to get comfortable with driving in general on an automatic first. Sticks aren't all that hard to learn, but you'll most likely have whiplash after your first session. It took me a bit to learn the fine art of pushing in the clutch at the same time that I was easing up on the gas, but once you get it, it's a piece of cake - the only tough gear is moving from neutral into first or reverse.

BTW, you can destroy a brand new Honda in 6 years if you don't do any maintenance on it and only occasional oil changes...

[/voiceofexperiencewithsillyhusband]

I was just dreaming about the Jag, I didn't stop to check the price.
I just like to look, I'll keep my old heap going for a few years yet:)
No, I was just excited about the idea of jess learning to drive.

We are about to have a big car maintenance weekend. My two eldest sons have their first cars and are slowly doing them up . They went for old Holdens, solid, cheap, easy to get parts for. Ye old band van just passed rego for another year too...phew:)

so yeah, just dreamin' love:)
Tommi Hakkinen has been the world champ rally driver for quite some time. I have watched a few of his drives on TV when my son took an interest in it. Woohoooo Tommi.

Back
Top Bottom