I am an asshole - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 12:29 PM
I am an asshole

So tonight is the deadline for the salary cap. Who of my teammates will be sent packing because of my greed? Will we lose the edge because we lose The Edge, Edgerrin James, because of my selfishness? I know, how much money could one guy possibly use, especially when he came from a rich family to begin with? Oh, I know, those fools Tom Brady and Troy Aikman voluntarily restructured their contracts to delay bonuses so they could keep their teams together. Maybe to them, a ring means more than a couple more million lying around collecting dust, but not me, because I am an asshole.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:29 AM
you suck

Old 03-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 12:29 PM
one more reason I don't deserve all that money
Old 03-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

But on the plus side, Mike Vander(insert epithet here) is probably gone as well.

If the Colts sign Adam Vinatieri, I will light myself on fire.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
War Child

Local Time: 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

If the Colts sign Adam Vinatieri, I will light myself on fire.

I will rip my nails off with pliers-this would be the only thing more painful

Peyton you do suck
Old 03-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

and a pussy
Old 03-05-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

At this point I'd rather keep Edge and get a QB who isn't going to freeze like Cindy Brady when the little red light (and the pressure) comes on.

I don't want Viniteri. If he goes to the Colts, he's just as disloyal and greedy as Peyton. Players have no shame these days, it's not about the team and the glory, but the cash.

Bill Parcells is a sellout and a traitor for going to fucking Dallas after being with the Giants.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
At this point I'd rather keep Edge and get a QB who isn't going to freeze like Cindy Brady when the little red light (and the pressure) comes on.

Wow, I think that's the first time I've heard you say you don't want Manning as your QB anymore.

Quote:

I don't want Viniteri. If he goes to the Colts, he's just as disloyal and greedy as Peyton. Players have no shame these days, it's not about the team and the glory, but the cash.
It's not that simple this year, with everything going on between the union and the NFL. As of right now, teams have to stay at the current salary cap, so they have no choice but to jettison certain players. Vinateri's contract is up, and the Pats are at the cap limit, while a team like the Browns have tons of money to spend. If the Pats can't pay him anywhere near his value because of the cap, you certainly can't blame Vinateri for that.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

I would love for the Colts to go all the way with Peyton but I think he's even destroyed my faith in him and if he's lost me how could anyone still believe in him? It's not fair to Harrison, Edge and all the others to not get a ring because of him. I'd rather lose him than have the team go downhill. It took too long to get this far to blow it now. I am a Colts fan first, not a Manning fan.

It is a shame about the money thing too, for all the teams
Old 03-06-2006, 05:10 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

you liked him last year right? and he is still under the same contract that he had last year and hasnt held out demanding for more money or anything... so what has happened since last year that makes him so greedy now?

the timing of calling him geedy just seems a little weird to me, it seems like that should have been said when he signed his contract, not in the midde of it.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:11 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Because now his contract is causing trouble with keeping other important players, and, unlike other players in the past, he seems unwilling to renegotiate/restructure it for the good of the team. This is the year that the huge bonus is supposed to come up and it will count about 20 million against the cap. If he could defer some of that until later, James, Simon and some of the others could be kept around.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:22 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

He just signed the contract last year. Usually when players rework their deal its in the final year or two of a long term, backloaded deal. Nobody reworks their longterm contract in the second year. You can't really blame Manning for the Colts mismanagement.

And once the new CBA gets extended the Colts won't be in as bad as shape anyway. They'll be able to spread the bonus over 7 years instead of just 4 if the CBA doesn't get extended.

If you were going to hate Manning due to greed it should have been when he signed the contract, not because he wont rework his deal one year after he signed it.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:34 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

oh and guess what?

manning did restructure his deal anyway

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...603060382/1100

Old 03-06-2006, 08:38 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

seeing as peyton is the general manager/head coach/offensive coordinator/head groundskeeper/quarterback/lead pussy, wouldn't that mean that he asked himself to restructure his own deal?
Old 03-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

See, his conscience bothered him last night after posting this thread!

Does this mean they'll get to keep Edge or is he still to expensive? They need to keep the triplets together!