I am an asshole - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:19 AM
they won't keep james

Old 03-06-2006, 02:29 PM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

Bill Parcells is a sellout and a traitor for going to fucking Dallas after being with the Giants.
Well he did get on a different plane than his players after losing the Pats/Packers Superbowl.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #18
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

If the Pats can't pay him anywhere near his value because of the cap, you certainly can't blame Vinateri for that.
Please-the PAts have franchised him for the past two years so he has been getting paid a significant amount of money for a kicker. He is in the top three. And don't give me that value crap. Adam would not be Adam without Brady and Brady would not be Brady without Adam. The guy is a kicker. The guy goes somewhere else what is he gonna get and extra $500,000? It is not like if Brady left and teams are anti up half their cap. Also he has endorsments here. They may be lame (there is the worst Papa Ginos ad here) but where else is he a hoemtown hero. Why the hell would he sell coffee in Dallas?
The radio had said he is the best clutch kicker of all time. Well no shit. Give me anotehr example of a kicker being given the situation to win as many games as he has?
Go Adam-go...the Pats will be fine without you.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

whatever money he makes elsewhere he'll lose in endorsements. dunkin donuts, papa ginos, ford too i think?...

that said, depending on the new cap, i think he'll be staying. i've read that mcginest is likely to get cut and that'll save 6 million and the pats (just with that one cut) will have 7+ million to work with. i don't see vinatieri realistically leaving. it would be a mistake for both he and the patriots.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

as for james, i've read that the broncos (yeah right, theyre already pretty fucked with the cap right now), cardinals and vikings were the top 3 eyeing edge.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Plus Peyton doesn't think Edge or Fake Edge picked up enough blitzes in the Pitt game, so he wants both of them out of town
Old 03-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary

Please-the PAts have franchised him for the past two years so he has been getting paid a significant amount of money for a kicker. He is in the top three. And don't give me that value crap. Adam would not be Adam without Brady and Brady would not be Brady without Adam. The guy is a kicker. The guy goes somewhere else what is he gonna get and extra $500,000? It is not like if Brady left and teams are anti up half their cap. Also he has endorsments here. They may be lame (there is the worst Papa Ginos ad here) but where else is he a hoemtown hero. Why the hell would he sell coffee in Dallas?
The radio had said he is the best clutch kicker of all time. Well no shit. Give me anotehr example of a kicker being given the situation to win as many games as he has?
Go Adam-go...the Pats will be fine without you.
I never said anything about the past two years - what are you talking about? Of course he's gotten paid well recently - he's in the prime of his career. Why wouldn't he?

The fact is, if the Pats don't have the room to pay him a decent amount of money, he's leaving. You don't think Cleveland would pay him a hell of a lot more money with Crennel as their coach? It sure as hell would be a lot more than $500,000, and they are well enough under the current cap to do so. The Pats are not.

I think you underestimate the value of a clutch kicker. I'm sure Headache would've loved having him in that Giants game up in Seattle last year! I sure don't want him to go, and I'm hoping this salary cap crap gets fixed so the Pats can take care of him in a realistic manner. But if you are a Pats fan like I am and think we'll be fine without him, even if he's just a kicker, well I think you're totally wrong there.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

the Pats actually offered two million dollars a year to vinatieri last week and he turned it down.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Pretty much any team would kill for a clutch kicker. Look at how many playoff games have been decided by the kicker - Scott Norwood anyone?
Old 03-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
the Pats actually offered two million dollars a year to vinatieri last week and he turned it down.
If they had franchised him, it would have been $3 million this year.

I don't think the Pats mind paying him that much, considering there are a couple of kickers (Rackers, Akers) making more than that - I just think they want to structure the contract so it is more cap friendly, whereas franchising him wouldn't have done that.

But of course, the Pats can't proceed with doing that until the salary cap issue has been resolved. I think if a deal is reached and the amount goes up like it is projected to, then a new contract with Vinatieri will happen.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #26
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

I think you underestimate the value of a clutch kicker.But if you are a Pats fan like I am and think we'll be fine without him, even if he's just a kicker, well I think you're totally wrong there.

There is no way I underestimate the value of a clutch kicker. My point was that he is just that-a kicker. Yes a damn fine one but kickers are not known to make the millions that otehr palyers do. Vinateri was offered a five year ten million dollar deal and turned it down. How much more a year does he think he is going to get? One million maybe? My point was that he is where he is because of the Pats team as a whole. He is not going to go into Cleveland/Dallas/Indy and be the second coming and win every game for them. I also believe that the Pats will be just fine without him. There is not a chance in hell that Belechick would let him go for a million or two more if he felt that he was needed. What did he do this past year? Not a hell of alot-and don't tell me it didn't count b/c we didn't make it to the playoffs. I remember that Superbowl against Jacksonville where he missed two field goals and still won.

Yes he would be missed but I am getting sick and tired of New England players being greedy for a few more dollars and then going no where in their careers.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary

Yes he would be missed but I am getting sick and tired of New England players being greedy for a few more dollars and then going no where in their careers.
Is this different from any other pro athlete? Put yourself in his shoes, wouldn't you want to make the most money you can?

Look at it this way, if you've been with a company for several years and had a good run, then you would want to be compensated justly. If you could get more money at a new company, wouldn't you persue it or use another job offer as leverage? It's no different than what goes on a your workplace or my workplace.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

isnt new england known for players taking less to stay there?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #29
War Child

Oh randhail definately I understand that point. It doesn't stop me from being sick of it however. Look at Milloy or Law-where did the extra money get them? No where....career wise. (although I did see LAw's house on cribs and it is a beauty) I is just disheartening to see it happen. When you are a kicker just how much more are you going to make. And with the endorsements will he really make more? I don't know.
And by the way I do usually speak from the heart.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

He missed two field goals in that Super Bowl, but made the one that counted the most.

As for this year, it was the 10th straight year he's hit 100 points. Only one other kicker has done that - ever. It wasn't as flashy of a year for him, but he's consistent, and that's what you want in a kicker. He's gonna do the same job no matter where he goes.

I think averaging $3 million a year for five years would get it done, yes. And he wouldn't even be the highest paid kicker then, but with the endorsements he gets around here, that difference would be made up easily.