Hurry, the Heineken truck just overturned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabby

Refugee
I saw it turned sideways on the interstate after failing to navigate the off ramp. There are people hanging around grabbing cases. It's true. If I find any pics I'll post them later. Would you go for it if you had the chance? Party on!

We had a truck overturn in our town today, but it was a sugar beet truck...that's not nearly as exciting.

I don't like Heineken :silent:
I really love beer, but I think Heineken tastes like swamp water.
But I'd probably grab a case anyways :wink:

:drool:

at least you don't have issues with pig entails

Animal guts on the freeway? Been there, done that

For second time this month, errant innards stall area traffic
A gelatin-like substance made from the guts of swine spilled onto the southbound lanes of I-43/94 Thursday afternoon, bringing rush-hour traffic to a standstill.

The accident took place about 4:30 p.m. near National Ave., when a truck carrying the pig entrails came to an abrupt stop, causing its load to splash over the cab and onto two freeway lanes.

The lanes had to be shut down for nearly two hours.

Now the Michigan-based truck company responsible for the spill can expect a bill from the Highway Maintenance Division of the county's Public Works Department, said Milwaukee County sheriff's Sgt. Tom Smith.

"That's gonna be a big-ticket item," Smith said. Not to mention the likely $100-plus traffic citation for spilling a load, Smith said.

Smith said traffic was backed up as far north as Hampton Ave. and as far west as County Stadium.

It was the second time in two weeks that a truck caused rush-hour backups on the freeway by spilling animal parts. Spilled entrails snarled southbound traffic near North Ave. on Aug. 12.

Free beer? You know the really sad part about this story is that any beer not 'given' away to bystanders will probably have to be destroyed as it is considered damaged goods. :sad:

Once, an orange truck overturned in Colorado and people made off with crates of oranges.

The police got on the news and demanded people bring back the oranges, because they had committed a crime.

"What will you do with the oranges?" asked the newscaster.
"Throw them away," replied the "i'm a badass cop" policewoman.

:|

I would have taken oranges or Heineken, just to say "Look what I got off the highway!" :hyper:

My Mum and Dad were driving to the airport one night to pick my sister up on her way back from Paris, on the way there the Guinness truck had stopped and they saw boxes of beer along the road, the back door had opened and everything was falling out my Mum made my Dad stop at all the boxes and she loaded them into the boot of the car, then after they picked my sister up they went to visit my uncle and they got drunk. I am ashamed my Mum stole the beer, my Dad went along with it and my uncle congratulated her.

My uncle and his girlfriend come as part of the package, together they are like renegades. My Dad is jsut merely an innocent bystander. And you are not allowed to take them into toy stores or my uncle will have the bears in different sexual positions.

fah - the beer won't be "damaged goods." actually, just about every case on the truck will be written off. chances are the truck wasn't totally filled with heineken, it was a local distributor that carried heineken and other products. either way, all the damaged goods are taken back to the wharehouse and there is an area called "repack." every beer distributor has one, as pallets tip over on forklifts and lots of beer gets damaged.

the repack area is purely a cash business, as all damaged beer (even the stuff you break in a store) is all written off. people wash off the good product and glue up packages and send it back to go onto trucks that WON'T tip over.

if you ever see cartons that don't have production codes or dates on them, a lot of times it is because it is repacked and wasn't send directly from the brewery.

i used to do this so i know. i liked saving all the molson canadian bottles with the twin labels and then sorting them into twelve packs of the same label. har de har har

Beer yes, animal innards no! :no:

What a waste if people aren't allowed to take stuff that would be destroyed anyway. Those oranges could have been given to the homeless. The beer could be snuck back on the shelves, but having survived the accident might have glass slivers in them so they might not take the chance. Maybe the workers will keep them.

A few years ago, there was a story of an armoured truck that flipped off of an interstate bridge into a poor neighborhood in Miami. Money rained down and people picked it up. I don't think they had to give it back. I hope not.

CampbellMSU said:
fah - the beer won't be "damaged goods." actually, just about every case on the truck will be written off. chances are the truck wasn't totally filled with heineken, it was a local distributor that carried heineken and other products. either way, all the damaged goods are taken back to the wharehouse and there is an area called "repack." every beer distributor has one, as pallets tip over on forklifts and lots of beer gets damaged.

Lots of beer gets damaged - that's just wrong. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom