Hurry, the Heineken truck just overturned - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2004, 04:20 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 03:23 PM
fah - the beer won't be "damaged goods." actually, just about every case on the truck will be written off. chances are the truck wasn't totally filled with heineken, it was a local distributor that carried heineken and other products. either way, all the damaged goods are taken back to the wharehouse and there is an area called "repack." every beer distributor has one, as pallets tip over on forklifts and lots of beer gets damaged.

the repack area is purely a cash business, as all damaged beer (even the stuff you break in a store) is all written off. people wash off the good product and glue up packages and send it back to go onto trucks that WON'T tip over.

if you ever see cartons that don't have production codes or dates on them, a lot of times it is because it is repacked and wasn't send directly from the brewery.

i used to do this so i know. i liked saving all the molson canadian bottles with the twin labels and then sorting them into twelve packs of the same label. har de har har

Old 01-22-2004, 08:25 AM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 03:23 PM

Beer yes, animal innards no!

What a waste if people aren't allowed to take stuff that would be destroyed anyway. Those oranges could have been given to the homeless. The beer could be snuck back on the shelves, but having survived the accident might have glass slivers in them so they might not take the chance. Maybe the workers will keep them.

A few years ago, there was a story of an armoured truck that flipped off of an interstate bridge into a poor neighborhood in Miami. Money rained down and people picked it up. I don't think they had to give it back. I hope not.

Old 01-23-2004, 01:31 PM   #18
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:23 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CampbellMSU
[B]fah - the beer won't be "damaged goods." actually, just about every case on the truck will be written off. chances are the truck wasn't totally filled with heineken, it was a local distributor that carried heineken and other products. either way, all the damaged goods are taken back to the wharehouse and there is an area called "repack." every beer distributor has one, as pallets tip over on forklifts and lots of beer gets damaged.

Lots of beer gets damaged - that's just wrong. Thanks.