Humpybong State Infants School, Margate, Brisbane, QLD, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about things with Dave. So far the only thing I've come up with, besides a harsh reality I don't exactly want to face at the moment, is I need to listen to U2. So I'm going to spin NLOTH.

You need?

Bloody rain! First it floods Queensland. Then it fucks up the Great Ocean Road. Now it has struck its most cruel blow: Alpine's gig at Fed Square tonight has been cancelled.

Jeez, that sucks! I hear you on the humidity too, it's one of those awful days where it's hard to tell if it's too hot or too cold. Also, Rundle Mall smells like dead birds.

This is for Alison. Dinosaur in Raurimu, central North Island:

s640x480

:love: That is very awesome. Reminds me of a horse sculpture thing I saw in the UK in 2009 that I haven't uploaded yet... *fail*

I wish that had been the whole scene, it's the most gorgeous part of the film.

:love:thatmovie.

I love that film too... and Princess Mononoke, and Howl's Moving Castle. I don't think I've seen Totoro either.

Dear Melbourne,

The rain I can handle, the heat I can handle if pushed, but please, the Queenslandesque humidity is a bit much.

Cheers,
Ax

It is a sad fact that rain + heat = humidity... It's like getting off the plane in Cairns or KL or something.

I ... I think I'm done with all my photos from New Zealand in 2010. Very pleased.

Enjoy: 2010 New Zealand trips

Huzzah! I will take a look when I can... my dodgy wireless at home hasn't let me get online the last couple of nights. :uhoh:

Jeez, that sucks! I hear you on the humidity too, it's one of those awful days where it's hard to tell if it's too hot or too cold. Also, Rundle Mall smells like dead birds.

Everything about today's weather in Melbourne is just unpleasant. And it all smells of damp.

I can't wait for this weather to piss off over the weekend.

By the way, totally unrelated note, but you're going to Tassie soon, yeah? Going to check this out? Aussie museum designed to offend | Stuff.co.nz

Here is an indication of how horribly hot/humid it is. At work, I was so so hot and sweaty that I had to go and stand in the freezer, which is set to about -16 degrees or so. Usually when I go in there for a bit, the thermometer is much the same when I come out. Today, however, when I came out, the thermometer read -0.9 degrees. I raised the temperature of the freezer by 16 degrees or so. I was a sweaty sweaty lady.

Argh, bugger! I was all geared up to do thangs, too. :(

Stupid weather. :fist:

As were we. :( We're now at a loose end for dinner. I'm sure we'll find something to make at home, but we've been going through LOTF withdrawals. Not severely enough to head into the city just for it in this weather, though.

Where's summer gone anyway. I've barely seen the sun all year (not that I mind too much, except I'm keen to do some photography).

Actually, I think the whole humidity thing was my fault. I moved to Australia under the mistaken impression that it was DRY heat here, and that there would be lots of sunshine. But no. It seems that England's persistent drizzle and Auckland's humidity decided to come to Australia with me. :sigh::

Bloody rain! First it floods Queensland. Then it fucks up the Great Ocean Road. Now it has struck its most cruel blow: Alpine's gig at Fed Square tonight has been cancelled.

I thought you could play in rain?

Forgive my ignorance.

I thought you could play in rain?

Forgive my ignorance.

You could.

If you have shelter. Look at U2 - the moment the rain comes down, up go the umbrellas to protect the electricals. Tiny bands don't have that and there's no shelter on the stage they were going to use.

Plus, y'know, who's going to stop and watch a free outdoor gig in the middle of a downpour? Everybody's just going to be getting the hell under cover.

You could.

If you have shelter. Look at U2 - the moment the rain comes down, up go the umbrellas to protect the electricals. Tiny bands don't have that and there's no shelter on the stage they were going to use.

Plus, y'know, who's going to stop and watch a free outdoor gig in the middle of a downpour? Everybody's just going to be getting the hell under cover.

Ah, okay then.

Here is an indication of how horribly hot/humid it is. At work, I was so so hot and sweaty that I had to go and stand in the freezer, which is set to about -16 degrees or so. Usually when I go in there for a bit, the thermometer is much the same when I come out. Today, however, when I came out, the thermometer read -0.9 degrees. I raised the temperature of the freezer by 16 degrees or so. I was a sweaty sweaty lady.

Good heavens.

I could have sworn that when I walked outside yesterday from this air-conditioned building, my skin was cold enough, and the air damp enough, for water to condense on my skin. It was weird.

As were we. :( We're now at a loose end for dinner. I'm sure we'll find something to make at home, but we've been going through LOTF withdrawals. Not severely enough to head into the city just for it in this weather, though.

Where's summer gone anyway. I've barely seen the sun all year (not that I mind too much, except I'm keen to do some photography).

:hmm:

Actually, I think the whole humidity thing was my fault. I moved to Australia under the mistaken impression that it was DRY heat here, and that there would be lots of sunshine. But no. It seems that England's persistent drizzle and Auckland's humidity decided to come to Australia with me. :sigh::

:ohmy:

Charlotte, I am most distressed by this. Can you go to somewhere warm and dry and bring that weather back with you?

Charlotter, come to Adelaide. It's always dry here. :hug:

Everytime it rains here the temperature almost never goes above the mid twenties. It's 20C right now and it's pouring.

Charlotter, come to Adelaide. It's always dry here. :hug:

Everytime it rains here the temperature almost never goes above the mid twenties. It's 20C right now and it's pouring.

Is this the small mercy you get in return for enduring a week of 40+C? :wink:

:lol: We've had a relatively cool January, actually. But you Melbournians don't get to escape the 40+C heat, do you? :wink:

Yeah, but if I remember correctly from last year, for every day of 40C we have, you cop a week of it!

We've only had one truly hot day this summer ... last week of November was actually hotter (in terms of a consistent period rather than a single day) than anything has been in summer.

Yeah, but if I remember correctly from last year, for every day of 40C we have, you cop a week of it!

We've only had one truly hot day this summer ... last week of November was actually hotter (in terms of a consistent period rather than a single day) than anything has been in summer.

Yeah, but that was last year.

:mac:

Too true. I think 30mm of rain today will be enough for us this month. I think it's twice our January average, wow.

I like my nearby rolling hills to be a healthy green, not a crispy potato chip colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom