Humpty Doo, Northern Territory Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave my mother a disc of assorted metal once. She appreciated more of it than I expected! She particularly liked Kneel To The Cross.

But in general I was pushing my luck if I went beyond Anathema.

Hence I've educated her about post-rock instead.

Oh, mum doesn't mind Anathema! But anything with deathgrowls she will shun.

indeed . . .the suffering shall be immense . . .so shall take random donations of sympathy eagerly :wink: . . . and rejoice in the fact that I can get suitably bombed inside venue as hublet is feeling immense pity and will do drop off and pick up . .. hurrahness in the extreme :D

Will they be selling alcohol at a show populated by 14-year-olds?

But have gobs of sympathy, in any case!

that definitely does not describe my parents, lol.

I observed this point amongst parents on the Gold Coast that when they reach around about 40 years of age, they just ... stop trying to dig up music and simply stick with their favourite classics and whatever new stuff shows up on hits radio.

Though I still love the day my mother arrived to pick me up from a church (I was there for non-churchy reasons!) with Eiffel 65's Blue blasting LOUD AS FUCK from the car.

AHEM. :eyebrow:

:wink:

My mum's been a Beatles/Shadows fan from way back (*watches Ax have a fit*), I've got her into U2 a bit, and she likes some classical too. And I may have gone to some John Farnham/Tommy Emmanuel shows with her in bygone years... and that Simon & Garfunkel gig last year.

I guess I should give mum some credit where tis due . . . I am actually fluent in Whispering Jack . . .not so proud of the fact . . . but fluent nonetheless :shifty:

I observed this point amongst parents on the Gold Coast that when they reach around about 40 years of age, they just ... stop trying to dig up music and simply stick with their favourite classics and whatever new stuff shows up on hits radio.

Though I still love the day my mother arrived to pick me up from a church (I was there for non-churchy reasons!) with Eiffel 65's Blue blasting LOUD AS FUCK from the car.

ooooh :yayness: with a capital :YAY: :)

apart from some of that older crap my mum grew up with, her musical tastes are alarmingly similar to mine...mainly because my parents stopped listening to commercial radio when they lived in dunedin in the 80s.

so basically, i've been educating her in what's happened since the 80s. it's fun making my revisionist history real.

I guess I should give mum some credit where tis due . . . I am actually fluent in Whispering Jack . . .not so proud of the fact . . . but fluent nonetheless :shifty:

I read in some book that something like one in four Australian houses has a copy of that album... no shame there!

As has been pointed out to me, You're The Voice is by far the stand out track, though. *L*

:lmao: That's awesome.

:lmao: That's awesome.

I was hanging out outside, waiting for her to collect me with a bunch of churchy types, and there was this "OONTS OONTS OONTS" sort of noise approaching, and my mate points and says "hey your mother's here ..."

I just started laughing and was most impressed.

I was hanging out outside, waiting for her to collect me with a bunch of churchy types, and there was this "OONTS OONTS OONTS" sort of noise approaching, and my mate points and says "hey your mother's here ..."

Much respect to your mum!

Your mum was pumping doof-doof?!

Well, that was some fine listening... I'll have to give it a few more spins to let it sink in properly, I think, but I enjoyed that. :up:

so basically, i've been educating her in what's happened since the 80s. it's fun making my revisionist history real.
:shocked: there's been music since the 80s?!

me too!

(partly because i'd hate to have spent the money on a wasted ticket....unless i can find someone else to come)
aww, is that the only reason why? :depressed:

well, i lost the first set but got an early break in the second. now i just somehow need to hold serve.

I'm 6-4 7-5 down against Jimmy Connors ... oddly, I'm finding it easier to win games off his serve than my own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom