Humpty Doo, Northern Territory Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh. i'm still failing at stick tennis. almost entirely because i'm a spaz.

funny-pictures-cat-punches-dog.jpg

we shall inherit the earth :laugh:

I'm surprised Alison didn't try to trump my Haast's Eagle with some Aussie megafauna ...

I'm quite happy to admit that Haast's Eagle is pretty much un-trumpable, at least if you're talking about Cainozoic beasties.

You have to admit, Megalania's quite impressive, though.

exti-megalaniagenyornis-l.jpg

(The big goanna thing.)

I have been trying . . . but hark your lovely self back . . . would you even entertain the thought of listening or :eek: even LIKING anything your boring old mumma liked at that age .. . she'll realise I'm lovely in a few more years :) in the meantime I shall suffer through with my lovely ear phones firmly embedded in my ears :laugh:

I've taken my mother to Split Enz, Finn Brothers, U2, Porcupine Tree ...!

My mother rules.

Except for the part where she likes Dido and Boney M but I forgive her.

I'm not 100% sure who Taylor Swift is, but you have my condolences nonetheless!

thanks . . . i am not educated in the taylor swiftness either (headphones are a blessing) but teenybopstaness is never a healthy condition so I shall be watching and waiting anxiously in the wings for it all to turn around :lol: and shall partake in a few small vodkas to lesson the agony of thousands of screaming 14 year old girly girls :yuck:

yeah, although this is only my second attempt at him. i just need to cut down on the unforced errors and actually win games when i get to 30-0.

You'll probably enter "I should win games when I get to 30-0" hell when you face Becker. I know I did!

I'm quite happy to admit that Haast's Eagle is pretty much un-trumpable, at least if you're talking about Cainozoic beasties.

You have to admit, Megalania's quite impressive, though.

exti-megalaniagenyornis-l.jpg

(The big goanna thing.)

Imagine that fucker just sidling up to you though ...!

thanks . . . i am not educated in the taylor swiftness either (headphones are a blessing) but teenybopstaness is never a healthy condition so I shall be watching and waiting anxiously in the wings for it all to turn around :lol: and shall partake in a few small vodkas to lesson the agony of thousands of screaming 14 year old girly girls :yuck:

Dear gods, a horde of 14 year old screaming girls would be torture, even without the object of their screams being there too!

My mum loves PT, Muse, U2, PRR, Blackfield...I educate her well! (Well, she educated me on U2, but hey!)

i've taken my mum to u2, liam finn, and soon lady gaga.

wow! you have awesome mums :up:

I adore my mumma but her musical taste is a trifle on the *craptastic* side :sigh: all phantom of the operaery and john farnemy stuff :groan:

My mum can't stand her! I...I think dad enjoys her, though. That's kind of worrying, isn't it!

I guess I just in general expect parents to like whatever's on top 40 radio, because that's how most of my friends' parents are, and how my mother would be without my help. My father's kind of on the borderline. He falls for some of the shittier top 40 rock from time to time.

Dear gods, a horde of 14 year old screaming girls would be torture, even without the object of their screams being there too!

indeed . . .the suffering shall be immense . . .so shall take random donations of sympathy eagerly :wink: . . . and rejoice in the fact that I can get suitably bombed inside venue as hublet is feeling immense pity and will do drop off and pick up . .. hurrahness in the extreme :D

I guess I just in general expect parents to like whatever's on top 40 radio, because that's how most of my friends' parents are, and how my mother would be without my help. My father's kind of on the borderline. He falls for some of the shittier top 40 rock from time to time.
that definitely does not describe my parents, lol.

I tried to get mum into Agalloch once. Didn't work :(

I gave my mother a disc of assorted metal once. She appreciated more of it than I expected! She particularly liked Kneel To The Cross.

But in general I was pushing my luck if I went beyond Anathema.

Hence I've educated her about post-rock instead.

I adore my mumma but her musical taste is a trifle on the *craptastic* side :sigh: all phantom of the operaery and john farnemy stuff :groan:

AHEM. :eyebrow:

:wink:

My mum's been a Beatles/Shadows fan from way back (*watches Ax have a fit*), I've got her into U2 a bit, and she likes some classical too. And I may have gone to some John Farnham/Tommy Emmanuel shows with her in bygone years... and that Simon & Garfunkel gig last year.

Ah, my parents never listen to the radio or anything. The only new music they hear is what I play them...they're both PT fans now, yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom