Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
They're a band. They sort of sound like their title, too.

:lol: Can't say I'm familiar with them, I'm afraid. But I feel like I want to be ...!

Axver said:

Presumably asleep. Like I should be. I'm off in the next few minutes.

Well in the continental US, the earliest it is is almost 10 am. That's not generally early.

So, I've discovered that if I keep up on my current pace of posting, I'll be around 40,000 by this time next year.

the tourist said:

Well in the continental US, the earliest it is is almost 10 am. That's not generally early.

In Axverland, 10am is shockingly early.

And I suspect a lot of our fellow postwhores keep similar hours!

Then again, it's like inflation--the more people post in superthreads, the less value each post has.

the tourist said:
So, I've discovered that if I keep up on my current pace of posting, I'll be around 40,000 by this time next year.

I'm kind of worried by what my post count will be in, say, just six months if the postwhorehouse keeps going at its current rate ...

Axver said:

In Axverland, 10am is shockingly early.

And I suspect a lot of our fellow postwhores keep similar hours!

Probably not the Phanan type. And anyway, a lot of our members come from the east coast, where it's nearly 1.

the tourist said:
Then again, it's like inflation--the more people post in superthreads, the less value each post has.

As the leading poster, I take this as an insult!

Axver said:

I'm kind of worried by what my post count will be in, say, just six months if the postwhorehouse keeps going at its current rate ...

You'll take down just about everyone.

the tourist said:

Probably not the Phanan type. And anyway, a lot of our members come from the east coast, where it's nearly 1.

Where IS phanan, anyway?

Oh, wait, it's the weekend, so he's probably not trying to kill time at work or anything.

Axver said:

As the leading poster, I take this as an insult!

But you'll lead the whole forum by then. So it's not insulting to you. It sucks for people like me. I'll be at 40,000 then.... but so will PFan, LM, Unico, Khan, etc.

the tourist said:

:lol: Any reason why?

Because it'd just be freaky and look way too obsessive.

Especially since I actually have a social life these days! This is what amazes me. My most ridiculous burst of posting has come at the point in my life where I've had more of a social life than ever!

Christ, guys. I watch SBS from Dortmund '84 and there's two new pages when I return!

I have a FSA album at home. I'll rip it when I'm there next and send it. It's from 1995, so it's difficult to call it a shoegaze album. But the influence is definitely there, however you also get acoustic guitars and weird sound effects (think Souvlaki Space Station, but perhaps not to such a crazy degree). Good album to listen to when it's raining. Actually, I think that's the whole point.

Axver said:

Because it'd just be freaky and look way too obsessive.

Especially since I actually have a social life these days! This is what amazes me. My most ridiculous burst of posting has come at the point in my life where I've had more of a social life than ever!

This is why you win.

The Sad Punk said:
Christ, guys. I watch SBS from Dortmund '84 and there's two new pages when I return!

I have a FSA album at home. I'll rip it when I'm there next and send it. It's from 1995, so it's difficult to call it a shoegaze album. But the influence is definitely there, however you also get acoustic guitars and weird sound effects (think Souvlaki Space Station, but perhaps not to such a crazy degree). Good album to listen to when it's raining. Actually, I think that's the whole point.

:lol: Andrew and I are good at what we do.

Ooh, sounds like it'd be an interesting listen.

This thread's about to die. I have to leave for band practice in 10 minutes, and it's time for Aussies/Kiwis to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom