Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

Unless they're playing twice (excuse me while i change the channel to check that!) i think i saw it finish earlier.

Continue thinking it's live.

Ah, I guess the live AFL earlier must've pushed things back. They just advertised that we've got Punjab vs Kolkata coming up later. Are you watching that now?

Axver said:
Hey Ian, you'd love one of the ads being over-played tonight (twice in this ad break that's had four ads so far!), for an art gallery doing an exhibition titled The Art Of The Simpsons. My favourite is how the guy doing the ad really mustn't know much about the Simpsons, as he mentions the art contains "Homer, Marge, and the family", skipping Bart before going on to name minor characters ...

:lol:

Does he mention Kearney and Dolph?

coolian2 said:

:lol:

Does he mention Kearney and Dolph?

:lol: No, not quite that bad. But he names people like Smithers and Moe. Now, they may be fairly prominent, but they aren't Bart!

Hey, Ali, another "any idea what I'm looking at here?" photograph!

s640x480

coolian2 said:

Ah, late night advertising. You get what you pay for.

Yeah. The phone line with the hot chick rather than the greasy old man is going to be $395 a minute, not $3.95 a minute.

With that thought, g'night Ian. :wave:

Alisaura said:

That wouldn't make cricket as interesting as land mines would, but not a bad start :hmm:

What if every delivery featured a new rock? You can have fun IDing each rock while those of us with good sporting taste can enjoy the game itself. :wink:

Alisaura said:

Erk. That looks like Southbank or somewhere around there, but I've no idea what that building's called. :shrug:

Heh, OK. Guess I'll just caption it with something about looking down Market Street towards the Railway Viaduct and King's Bridge, with Southbank in the background ...

Axver said:
What if every delivery featured a new rock? You can have fun IDing each rock while those of us with good sporting taste can enjoy the game itself. :wink:
How the hell would I identify it at the speed they bowl/hit those things? :lol:
We'd have to invent a new method of identifying rocks, by how they interact with cricket bats at high speed. Or people, if we're (un)lucky...

"Okay, that one made a dull 'clunk', and sharp bits flew off into the batsman's eyes... it's either dolerite or schist, let's see how it bounces...."

Axver said:
Heh, OK. Guess I'll just caption it with something about looking down Market Street towards the Railway Viaduct and King's Bridge, with Southbank in the background ...
My brain wants to say "Price Waterhouse", but I dunno if the name I keep seeing on the way to work is attached to that bldg or not. I'll take a look on Monday, if I remember.

Alisaura said:

How the hell would I identify it at the speed they bowl/hit those things? :lol:
We'd have to invent a new method of identifying rocks, by how they interact with cricket bats at high speed. Or people, if we're (un)lucky...

"Okay, that one made a dull 'clunk', and sharp bits flew off into the batsman's eyes... it's either dolerite or schist, let's see how it bounces...."

:lmao: Yeah, forget the sound of leather on willow. The sound of granite connecting with a metal helmet is so much more 21st century. :wink:

liamcool said:
One of these days I'm going to cut all of you fuckers into little pieces.

Would you like to say something before you leave? Perhaps you'd care to state exactly how you feel ...?

Hey Liam, just checked the LA set. Sure, they got ACOS VII in a medley, but they got subjected to all of The Ministry Of Lost Souls.

LA = OWNED.

HOLY SHIT, WHAT A CATCH BY WASIM JAFFER TO DISMISS GILCHRIST!

By the way, Liam, I Fall Down / Summer '68 (snippet) would be awesome.

Haha, these Indian stadiums are proving to be farcical. A light tower has gone out for the second time this tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom