Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

That must be the old Post Office. I feel somewhat ashamed that I never looked up and noticed the tower with a clock in it... maybe I did once but forgot. :reject:

There's a sculpture thing outside it, this big (well, not very big) granite purse, which is apparently called the Public Purse. Slightly amusing :wink:

Oooh, so that's the GPO. I should've known that, since road distances are measured from there!

Just like how I had to mention the tram Shane Warne crashed into was route 112, you had to mention that the sculpture's granite, eh? :wink:

The Sad Punk said:
No one should ever begin a song with the lyrics "the world is a vampire". Why didn't anyone tell that to Billy Corgan?
I don't imagine that anyone thought they needed to, until he came out with that... and by then I suppose it was too late.

Axver said:
Just like how I had to mention the tram Shane Warne crashed into was route 112, you had to mention that the sculpture's granite, eh? :wink:
But it's such a nice pink type of granite... and for the record, I'm only a fan of pink things when they're rocks. :wink:

Alisaura said:

You either have a lot more clothes than me, or... ick.

Combination of factors:

1. My mother buys me far too many shirts. I have more than any guy reasonably should have, yet have picked out approximately just two of them for myself.
2. I've been sort of living in my Porcupine Tree t-shirt since Tuesday ... :reject:

Hey, National Hair Institute TV ad guy,

You're not just the medical director there, but have also had a hair transplant? That'd be great, if it weren't for the fact that IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE A RECEDING HAIRLINE.

Sincerely,
Ax

Alisaura said:

But it's such a nice pink type of granite... and for the record, I'm only a fan of pink things when they're rocks. :wink:

:lol:

Got to admit, I haven't noticed it. But I'm normally bustling through there to avoid people trying to get me to support their cause, or really bad busking musicians.

Also, on Swanston Street today, I was pissed off by these obnoxious people hollering at everyone "SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE! SIGN OUR PETITION! SUPPORT EQUALITY!" Well, I'm on your side, guys, but you're irritating and I want nothing to do with you.

Axver said:
Also, on Swanston Street today, I was pissed off by these obnoxious people hollering at everyone "SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE! SIGN OUR PETITION! SUPPORT EQUALITY!" Well, I'm on your side, guys, but you're irritating and I want nothing to do with you.
Overly-pushy/obnoxious campaigners really aren't doing themselves or their cause any favours.

Alisaura said:

Now I know the real reason why you're so glad the weather's been cool. :wink:

:mad:

I'm quite proudly wearing it!

I'll wash it tomorrow so that I can live in it again next week!

Actually, better not wear PT shirt on Tuesday. My tutors think I was just going to QLD just to visit my mother, not to follow an obscure prog rock band around the country ...

YOU FUCKKNOB SCOTTY STYRIS, HOW DID YOU DROP THAT CATCH?!

Axver said:
Actually, better not wear PT shirt on Tuesday. My tutors think I was just going to QLD just to visit my mother, not to follow an obscure prog rock band around the country ...
So tell them you bought it in Melbourne :wink:

Alisaura said:

So tell them you bought it in Melbourne :wink:

Considering I said I was going up to QLD for the ANZAC Day long weekend, it might seem just a bit suspicious that I was still in Melbourne to go to the gig ... :wink:

Alisaura said:

Gravity works...? :shrug:

And Scotty Styris's hands don't!

Where's Ian gone? I need SOMEBODY into cricket to be on the thread too.

Praveen Kumar, YOU ARE AN IDIOT. That has got to be one of the worst run-outs of the whole bloody tournament. What complete incompetency from the batsman.

Also, skanky cheerleaders are made of fail. :down:

157 shouldn't be too challenging for the Chargers ...

Axver said:
Considering I said I was going up to QLD for the ANZAC Day long weekend, it might seem just a bit suspicious that I was still in Melbourne to go to the gig ... :wink:
Oh. Friend gave it to you?

Hey, at least I'm trying, here! :p

coolian2 said:
I'm struggling to stay awake, a bit

I hope you were at least awake enough to see Praveen Kumar's moment of stupidity. WTF was he doing, standing around watching the fielder?! That was unbelieveable. There are 7 year olds who know not to make that mistake!

Alisaura said:

Apparently you don't really need it... :wink:

Phew, Ian's still awake... I can stop thinking about feigning interest now :D

Want to talk about rocks, eh? What if we made a cricket ball out of rocks?

coolian2 said:

You need to look interested, i already know what happens.

Oh? I thought we were getting this live here?

Maybe you should tell me what happens so that I turn off the telly and do more work.

Axver said:

Oh? I thought we were getting this live here?

Maybe you should tell me what happens so that I turn off the telly and do more work.

Unless they're playing twice (excuse me while i change the channel to check that!) i think i saw it finish earlier.

Continue thinking it's live.

Hey Ian, you'd love one of the ads being over-played tonight (twice in this ad break that's had four ads so far!), for an art gallery doing an exhibition titled The Art Of The Simpsons. My favourite is how the guy doing the ad really mustn't know much about the Simpsons, as he mentions the art contains "Homer, Marge, and the family", skipping Bart before going on to name minor characters ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom