Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i've been working on importing and fixing my U2 boots. it's so much better when people tag them correctly.

I bet it is. I don't have any boots in my itunes at the moment.

the tourist said:

It's what I do to pass the time when I'm bored. Plus we're currently in my state. And I'm trying to get us to the next thread.

I just hope there's somebody around to talk to. If not, I end up doing work. Which I should do now ... :(

I'll keep going to a new thread, but then I need to focus.

Axver said:

I just hope there's somebody around to talk to. If not, I end up doing work. Which I should do now ... :(

I'll keep going to a new thread, but then I need to focus.

I'll probably get off the computer at that point, as well.

the tourist said:
They're gonna just keep getting bigger.
apparently! mine's only 60gb, which was the biggest when i got it in may of LAST YEAR. less than a year ago. granted, the 80 gb came out soon after (i seem to have a knack of getting mac stuff right before the new lines come out, i did the same thing with my imac) but still. 80 gb....320 gb. jesus christ.

the tourist said:
I bet it is. I don't have any boots in my itunes at the moment.
i have a TON. i have even more now. then i realised i had only two october boots, so instead of bugging the doc about it, i just sorted u2start's stuff to show me only the highly rated shit.

then i saw there was a boston gig and i was like oooh i should get the boston gigs from the boy tour since that's where they hit big first here...:der:

i'll never be done downloading U2 boots, and i'll only listen to 0.01% of them

My mp3 player was 2 GBs, and still managed to break itself. Hilarious, Samsung! Fucking hilarious. :|

KhanadaRhodes said:

apparently! mine's only 60gb, which was the biggest when i got it in may of LAST YEAR. less than a year ago. granted, the 80 gb came out soon after (i seem to have a knack of getting mac stuff right before the new lines come out, i did the same thing with my imac) but still. 80 gb....320 gb. jesus christ.

I got an 80 gb one a year and a half ago, though. :huh:

I'm pretty sure I saw the 320 at Target for, like $449?

KhanadaRhodes said:
then i saw there was a boston gig and i was like oooh i should get the boston gigs from the boy tour since that's where they hit big first here...:der:

All of the early Boston gigs are fantastic bootlegs. The first 6 March 1981 show in particular. What a gig.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i was about to whine at the two of you for being weak, but 1. i'm getting sleepy (i had 4-5 hours of sleep) and 2. i had no idea it was already 1 am

Yeah, I only slept 5 hours last night.

KhanadaRhodes said:

awww, well i've had good luck with samsung stuff :knocks on head:

I probably broke it then. No one has worse luck with electronics than I do. My DS Lite broke within a year, as did my MP3 player, and the longest I've ever had a pair of headphones that worked is 5 years.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i have a TON. i have even more now. then i realised i had only two october boots, so instead of bugging the doc about it, i just sorted u2start's stuff to show me only the highly rated shit.

i'll never be done downloading U2 boots, and i'll only listen to 0.01% of them

i got all the early boston stuff a while ago, partly cause i'm from boston and want to know their history there and partly cause it's all good stuff.

i have 14.93 gigs of u2 (2380 songs, 7.8 days) and obviously most of that is boots.

i actually listen to mine too - at the gym, in transit, etc

though i am on a bit of a u2 hiatus now with all my boyfriend's new music and some new stuff from you folks

Varitek said:

his stats should be divided in half

:laugh:

I think the only time I've really spammed was when Ian and I tried to kill that thread with picspam, but even then it had content, with descriptions of the photos and such, and it seems some of you quite enjoyed looking over what we posted.

the tourist said:
I got an 80 gb one a year and a half ago, though. :huh:

I'm pretty sure I saw the 320 at Target for, like $449?
that's impossible dude, cuz i know when i got mine. my buddy, the gay promiscuous dude, visited me in may. i can remember the date cuz we saw a concert in nashville. anyway, the point is i got my...no wait, what's when i got my imac.

shit. fuck, now i can't remember when i bought my ipod. oops!

i aim to some day have all of u2's 4 and 5 star quality (i don't give a shit about source) plus most of the early stuff. the only times i dip below 4 stars are for either gigs i was at or other interesting things i want to hear.

LemonMelon said:

I probably broke it then. No one has worse luck with electronics than I do. My DS Lite broke within a year, as did my MP3 player, and the longest I've ever had a pair of headphones that worked is 5 years.

5 years? I wish I could get headphones that'd last that long. My current pair is my oldest, at about 2 years, and even they have their moments of dropping a channel.

I'd like to splurge on cordless headphones, but that's a lot of money to spend on something that I'll be impressed if it works for over a year.

KhanadaRhodes said:

that's impossible dude, cuz i know when i got mine. my buddy, the gay promiscuous dude, visited me in may. i can remember the date cuz we saw a concert in nashville. anyway, the point is i got my...no wait, what's when i got my imac.

shit. fuck, now i can't remember when i bought my ipod. oops!

:wink: Yeah.... I was gonna say. When I bought my 30 gb one like 3 years ago, 60 gb was the max.

the tourist said:
This is why I'll stick to soundboard.
:lol: i just like having boots to have them, and believe me it comes in handy when there's pre and post setlist parties, and people are like "omg play this specific song from this specific boot!!" and i don't have it. and they don't have it. :huh:

i bought my 80 a few months ago, i'd had a 60 (the pre-video one, only pics, big and clunky) for 2.5 years. it was also purchased aobut 1 month before the video came out.

the tourist said:

This is why I'll stick to soundboard.

Why the hell would you do that? 21 March 1985 and 29 April 1987 (both Chicago) sound better than almost any soundboard and are audience tapes.

Axver said:

5 years? I wish I could get headphones that'd last that long. My current pair is my oldest, at about 2 years, and even they have their moments of dropping a channel.

I'd like to splurge on cordless headphones, but that's a lot of money to spend on something that I'll be impressed if it works for over a year.

Maybe things just break more easily in general these days? Actually, not "maybe". DEFINITELY.

How do cordless headphones work? :huh:

Axver said:
:laugh:

I think the only time I've really spammed was when Ian and I tried to kill that thread with picspam, but even then it had content, with descriptions of the photos and such, and it seems some of you quite enjoyed looking over what we posted.
exactly, we've all spammed the threads at one time or another, what's the big deal? i didn't know it was some huge competition to have the highest post count. i'm sure anyone could say any one post is spammy, stupid, worthless, etc. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom