Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
I cranked up In Absentia for a friend of mine today. I think he really dug it. Honestly, I forgot how awesome Trains is. That's such a great song.

I really like that album, but it's been awhile since I've listened to it.

G'day Jen. :wave:

LemonMelon said:
I cranked up In Absentia for a friend of mine today. I think he really dug it. Honestly, I forgot how awesome Trains is. That's such a great song.

SW is sick of playing Trains live, but the band brought it out for Australia and the audience just went OFF. The singing and the clapping made you feel like you were in a huge stadium full of people, not just a little theatre.

Varitek said:
hey peefan how'd the sats go?

Pretty well. Felt a little better this time than last time. Essay went well, despite not finishing it. Felt good about the math except for the open-answer portion, where I only finished 7 of 10 questions.

Axver said:
This thread is seriously about the only thing happening.
:lol: i meant about how the server is going slow, but it seems both you and andrew thought i meant postwise. but yes, there's nothing going on either. it won't take me long to get caught up on the forums. i've already read all the posts in here, and i've read all the forums up to ls (i work my way up). and i don't read fym because i'm not suicidal and i make it a point to not bother with forums i don't mod (fym and pleba basically)

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i meant about how the server is going slow, but it seems both you and andrew thought i meant postwise. but yes, there's nothing going on either. it won't take me long to get caught up on the forums. i've already read all the posts in here, and i've read all the forums up to ls (i work my way up). and i don't read fym because i'm not suicidal and i make it a point to not bother with forums i don't mod (fym and pleba basically)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

the tourist said:

What the fuck...? You've got to be kidding me...!

I'm not! I was trying to think of a really beautiful PT song, and I think that one fits the bill, so I put it in. I might cut it for something else, though. I'm not sure. The rain falling at the start does suit a bit of a water theme I have going near the end.

phillyfan26 said:

Pretty well. Felt a little better this time than last time. Essay went well, despite not finishing it. Felt good about the math except for the open-answer portion, where I only finished 7 of 10 questions.

open answer...is that new, or have i just forgotten the whole thing entirely? the one thing i remember is this one math question that i knew i had wrong and would be easy to solve, but time was up when i was checking and realized it, so i memorized the question and did it during my verbal time. shhh

Axver said:

SW is sick of playing Trains live, but the band brought it out for Australia and the audience just went OFF. The singing and the clapping made you feel like you were in a huge stadium full of people, not just a little theatre.

I can imagine. The chorus is HUGE!

Axver said:

I'm not! I was trying to think of a really beautiful PT song, and I think that one fits the bill, so I put it in. I might cut it for something else, though. I'm not sure. The rain falling at the start does suit a bit of a water theme I have going near the end.

I played that song for my girlfriend the other night and she loved it.

can i just confess something, i saw the hottest guy while i was at the bookstore this evening :drool: he looked sooooo much like my ex too, which was pretty creepy. but i know it wasn't him. i didn't have the nerve to go up and say hi or anything though :reject:

phillyfan26 said:
Is Steven Wilson the guy who never wears shoes?

There's a guy who never wears shoes?

I can't say I've paid attention to SW's footwear.

Varitek said:
open answer...is that new, or have i just forgotten the whole thing entirely? the one thing i remember is this one math question that i knew i had wrong and would be easy to solve, but time was up when i was checking and realized it, so i memorized the question and did it during my verbal time. shhh

In one section, ten of the questions aren't multiple choice. You fill in a grid with numbers for the answers.

KhanadaRhodes said:
can i just confess something, i saw the hottest guy while i was at the bookstore this evening :drool: he looked sooooo much like my ex too, which was pretty creepy. but i know it wasn't him. i didn't have the nerve to go up and say hi or anything though :reject:

:lol: it's a good spot for checking out the talent, with all the peering over the top of books and just happening to be interested in some books in the same aisle :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:
can i just confess something, i saw the hottest guy while i was at the bookstore this evening :drool: he looked sooooo much like my ex too, which was pretty creepy. but i know it wasn't him. i didn't have the nerve to go up and say hi or anything though

:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:
:tsk:
:tsk: :tsk: ailure

i haven't figured out which PT track i'll use. i've been getting so much new music that i can't focus on getting to know it all, so i've got a list for this summer of stuff to listen to a lot.

Axver said:

There's a guy who never wears shoes?

I can't say I've paid attention to SW's footwear.

Wikipedia confirms it: he never wears shoes during live shows. He finds them to be generally uncomfortable. He stands on a carpet to avoid getting nails in his feet.

Don't know why I knew that.

LemonMelon said:

I can imagine. The chorus is HUGE!

You should've heard the audience doing the 3/4 time clapping. It was amazing.

Before the Sydney show, some guys at the front of the line were singing PT songs, and they absolutely belted out Trains. It was awesome.

They also did Nine Cats, with very loud and emphatic singing on "A frog stood in his ballet shoes/Teaching SIXTEEN KANGAROOS!/How to skip across a lake/They found it hard to stay awake". :lol:

phillyfan26 said:

In one section, ten of the questions aren't multiple choice. You fill in a grid with numbers for the answers.

oh i think i remember that.

i'd have been so sad not to have analogies on my sats. i fucking rock that shit.

the tourist said:

I need to listen to that album again.

Well, it's not perfect, but pretty damn great. Gravity Eyelids and Strip The Soul could use use a minute or so edit. But anything else I may dislike I just chalk up to taste. It's so well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom