Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

Well let's be honest you don't like movies period. You have said before it is a waste of two hours you could do something else.

Yes, he has. For the record, I genuinely don't care for the Star Wars films because it's just not my thing, but film in general is a wonderful art form.

the tourist said:

Cuz that fuckin' movie's badass!

And it never gets old. I've seen it probably about 15 times since I was 11. No other movie can even come close. I think the most I've watched anything else is 3 times.

Haven't seen a new movie this year besides U2 3D.

phillyfan26 said:
I've never actually been told I look like any celebrity.

I have. I was once told I looked like Beck, if Beck was taller, and not deathly skinny. I was also told I look like that fucker from Fall Out Boy, which is an insult.

Axver said:

And it never gets old. I've seen it probably about 15 times since I was 11. No other movie can even come close. I think the most I've watched anything else is 3 times.

The soundtrack. The acting. The history. The cool.

Screwtape2 said:

Speaking of which has anyone ever told you that you look like Richard Attenbourgh?

As a huge fan of The Great Escape, I must say that I......don't see the resemblance. :lol:

LemonMelon said:

Yes, he has. For the record, I genuinely don't care for the Star Wars films because it's just not my thing, but film in general is a wonderful art form.

I just don't care for George Lucas.

Screwtape2 said:

It is a compliment. You look very noble. :up:

Thanks. That makes a change from my high school friends saying I look more like a mad Einsteinian academic every time they see me. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

What don't you care for about his work in particular?

His dialogue is some of the worst in history. When he directs, he lets his actors get lazy and/or melodramatic. This is why V and VI were the best--all he did was write the story (not the script) and produce (not direct).

cinnaminson said:

but surely you've got a soft spot in your heart for Willow :sad:

Never seen it. I gave American Graffiti a shot and hated it. THX1138 was okay.

phillyfan26 said:

He's not used to swapping movie quotes. He's supposed to say the next line back to me now.

But I don't remember movie quotes! :reject:

Screwtape2 said:
Tourist you are involved in your local music scene. Do you know any female producers?

Actually... no. I do not. I know about a dozen professional male producers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom