Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AC/DC are one of the most overrated bands ever. Sort of like The Beach Boys.

I intend to return to FYM at some point in the form of some kind of a big rant, but I figure the longer the wait, the more effective the return.

I've really not been following it much.

phillyfan26 said:
I think AC/DC are one of the most overrated bands ever. Sort of like The Beach Boys.

I think both bands have their time and place, with a couple of very good albums.

Axver said:
Don't waste your time.

You're in the stark minority on that one. I think I'll go with ... well, everyone else I've told that to. Just gonna go ahead and see those movies.

Harrison Ford is arguably my favorite actor, how's he in Star Wars?

phillyfan26 said:
I intend to return to FYM at some point in the form of some kind of a big rant, but I figure the longer the wait, the more effective the return.

I've really not been following it much.

It's not like you've missed anything. It's a total trainwreck.

phillyfan26 said:

You're in the stark minority on that one. I think I'll go with ... well, everyone else I've told that to. Just gonna go ahead and see those movies.

Harrison Ford is arguably my favorite actor, how's he in Star Wars?

You will probably like his acting in Empire and Jedi more than the original. Overall it is great storytelling. A must see trilogy for film fans.

Screwtape2 said:

Based on your personality you don't seem to be a the science fiction type.

Though my favourite books are the Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy series; primarily comedy but with sci-fi.

Stars Wars simply bored me. I fell asleep in one of the original three. I forget which now. They all blurred together.

coolian2 said:
Star Wars is something everyone should have to see at least once.

I was lucky and got to see them for the first time in the cinema when they were re-released. That was so fucking cool.

That's when I saw them for the first time. And fell asleep.

Tried re-watching a few years ago and got so bored that I gave up.

LemonMelon said:

This is incredibly harsh. But I tend to agree...never cared much for them.

I only really like V and VI because of the severe lack of Lucas.

Screwtape2 said:

Well let's be honest you don't like movies period. You have said before it is a wast of two hours you could do something else.

:up:

Screwtape2 said:

Well let's be honest you don't like movies period. You have said before it is a waste of two hours you could do something else.

And yet I watch The Great Escape every year on my birthday. Funny how that works.

phillyfan26 said:
Steve McQueen kicks my ass everytime I watch that movie.

He's quite good in The Towering Inferno, too, amid some other really shitty acting. :up:

liamcool said:

Except if John Cleese is in it.

Nah, I've heard A Fish Called Wanda sucks so I haven't seem it. Except for a few minutes near the end on TV once, which didn't seem very entertaining.

Screwtape2 said:

Speaking of which has anyone ever told you that you look like Richard Attenbourgh?

I don't really see that. 1981 Adam Clayton I definitely see though.

Screwtape2 said:

Speaking of which has anyone ever told you that you look like Richard Attenbourgh?

:lol: No, everyone's been too busy with "Axver or Adam". :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom