Hula With Randoooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:love: I got jeans for $6.99 today and they look good. A little long, but otherwise nice! :D

is it just me or does anyone else want to reach down Rita Cosby's (MSNBC) throat and rip out the frog she must have stuck in it?/catty moment

Can I join the Answering the Home/Cell Phone Like You're at Work Club?? Not to mention my voice is like 2 octaves higher at work for some reason (this has been confirmed by another Randoomer), so I sound like a total goofball.

shari schultz said:

At your store? That is some clearance sale!
:drool: Yes! 30% discount on $9.99!

My problem is that I automatically take 30% of any price I see, so when i shop at a non-Gap, Inc store I'm horrified by the expensiveness and that's why everything but my shoes is Gap. :reject:

(Actually I have some Gap shoes, too...)

The day after Thanksgiving when the lines were so long, K meant to shout out for the next customer in line and it came out
like she was answering the phone instead............
"Hello this is luggage, may I help you?" We all stopped dead and started to laugh.............:lol:

Kariann said:
I'm thinking I may need to pull out the 68 Comeback special. :hmm:

Now that is a classic. :up:

Have to say, I remember seeing the footage of one of his last performances before he passed, I think it is Cleveland. He looks awful and you can tell he is in poor health. But he sings Unchained Melody and his voice is still there. Its absolutely amazing.

Blue Room said:

Now that is a classic. :up:

Have to say, I remember seeing the footage of one of his last performances before he passed, I think it is Cleveland. He looks awful and you can tell he is in poor health. But he sings Unchained Melody and his voice is still there. Its absolutely amazing.

One of my all time favorite things in music.

I know what performance you are talking about...it actually kind of sad really.

Kariann said:

Do they make your butt look good? I must ask considering my quest for jeans that make the butt look good. :wink:
I think they make it look small, but I'm not a good judge of my own features.

:drool: long and lean :drool:

They are WICKED long, but the ankle length is too short.

Kariann said:

I know what performance you are talking about...it actually kind of sad really.

It really is. That is what struck me about it though. All that going against him and he can still belt it out like that.

I'm not a huge Elvis fan but I do like him. I went to Graceland in 97 (I was in town to see some rock band at the time. :wink: ) and it was really interesting. Several things struck me. Graceland is alot smaller than you think. The museum part after the mansion is great, I could have spent the afternoon in there (but we had to get to the Liberty Bowl to try to meet some rock band :laugh: ). I had one of those Larry moments at his grave though. It was just an odd vibe to visit his grave like that. So I have an idea of what Larry was talking about in Rattle And Hum.

shari schultz said:
The day after Thanksgiving when the lines were so long, K meant to shout out for the next customer in line and it came out
like she was answering the phone instead............
"Hello this is luggage, may I help you?" We all stopped dead and started to laugh.............:lol:
:lmao: Strangely enough, I answered the phone, "I can help the next customer in line!" one day. I thought one of the girls was going to pee her pants. The customer she was wringing up enjoyed it as well, and told me to go take a break!

Schmeg said:

I think they make it look small, but I'm not a good judge of my own features.

:drool: long and lean :drool:

They are WICKED long, but the ankle length is too short.

:laugh: As long as it accentuates the shape you should be good!

Wear them with tall shoes and they should make your legs look long. I put the shoes on that I showed you last night with long jeans and according to my mom they made my legs look very long and me very tall. I think she is finally getting why I like my pants longer.

Blue Room said:
Graceland is alot smaller than you think.
That struck me too...I grew up practically down the street from the Newport Mansions, so I expected something huge and lavish. It was kind of nice seeing a small house with furniture that looked like stuff my grandparents had.

Edit: I would like to clarify that I mean some of the chairs and tables in rooms other than the Jungle Room and the tv room. They didn't have gorilla chairs or blue and yellow color schemes.

Last edited:
Kariann said:

:laugh: As long as it accentuates the shape you should be good!

Wear them with tall shoes and they should make your legs look long. I put the shoes on that I showed you last night with long jeans and according to my mom they made my legs look very long and me very tall. I think she is finally getting why I like my pants longer.
I showed my mom (actually I am still wearing them with all the tags on :reject: ) and she commented about how they cover my feet. So I showed her the little cuff we do at work, and she said that even with tall shoes it wouldn't work. But it's better to go way too long than have them shrink and be too short!

Blue Room said:

It really is. That is what struck me about it though. All that going against him and he can still belt it out like that.

I'm not a huge Elvis fan but I do like him. I went to Graceland in 97 (I was in town to see some rock band at the time. :wink: ) and it was really interesting. Several things struck me. Graceland is alot smaller than you think. The museum part after the mansion is great, I could have spent the afternoon in there (but we had to get to the Liberty Bowl to try to meet some rock band :laugh: ). I had one of those Larry moments at his grave though. It was just an odd vibe to visit his grave like that. So I have an idea of what Larry was talking about in Rattle And Hum.

Yeah his voice is one of my all time favorites. Makes you wonder what would have happened for him career-wise had he lived longer.

I've always been around his music since my mom was a fan from the beginning but I wouldnt say I'm an expert...my friend is more on that line. I've been to Graceland a few times....whenever anyone suggests going to Memphis it's hard for me to say no for some reason. I felt the same kind of vibe at the grave too...the first time I went I thought maybe it would seem different the next but it didn't.

Schmeg said:

I showed my mom (actually I am still wearing them with all the tags on :reject: ) and she commented about how they cover my feet. So I showed her the little cuff we do at work, and she said that even with tall shoes it wouldn't work. But it's better to go way too long than have them shrink and be too short!

I agree...would rather have them longer than shorter. Oh and I've done the still have them on with the tag thing too....I do that more with shoes than clothes though. I wore my shoes around the house for awhile the other day...just because I think they are so cool and we such a great deal. :reject:

Schmeg said:

Edit: I would like to clarify that I mean some of the chairs and tables in rooms other than the Jungle Room and the tv room. They didn't have gorilla chairs or blue and yellow color schemes.

:laugh: Glad you clarified! :up: Although, those two rooms are probably the highlight of touring the actual home. The first thing that struck me though was the front gate. You see that on TV and it looks like its about 10 feet high when in reality its about 3 to 5 feet high.

shari schultz said:
is it just me or does anyone else want to reach down Rita Cosby's (MSNBC) throat and rip out the frog she must have stuck in it?/catty moment

it's not just you :no:

I once called someone at the other center at work and said, "Hello Kelly, this is Adelle."

*long pause on the other end*

"Uh Kelly, you're Kelly and I'm Adelle."

:reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom