Hugh Grant arrested

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Down Under

Refugee
GrantBeansGOF_468x456.jpg
HughGrantBootGOF_468x491.jpg

:madwife: :crazy: :madwife: :crazy: :madwife: :crazy:

Hugh Grant has been arrested after allegedly hurling a tub of baked beans at a photographer.

He also reportedly kicked Ian Whittaker, and, according to the photographer, said he wished his children would die of cancer. Grant's lawyers, however, have refuted that any such comments were made by the actor.

Grant — who has been arrested before, when caught with prostitute Divine Brown in America — was taken to a police station last night for questioning over the alleged assault.

The arrest followed a clash with the freelance paparazzi photographer outside Grant’s Chelsea home on Tuesday morning.

Mr Whittaker said he had turned up to take pictures of the actor’s former girlfriend Liz Hurley, who lives in the same street. When Grant, 46, arrived in his car he asked him to smile as he took his picture.

The film star allegedly snapped, swearing at Mr Whittaker, 43, and reportedly kicking him three or four times. Then, as Grant entered his house, he allegedly turned and threw a plastic container of baked beans at him.

The actor, who split from his girlfriend Jemima Khan in February, allegedly then said: “Do you know who I am? I’m a millionaire,” and screamed “Leave me alone.” Mr Whittaker told a tabloid newspaper: “I said ‘Give us a smile please’ and he looked really angry.

“I walked backwards and he walked after me. He was effing and blinding at me. He kicked me hard three or four times then kneed me in the groin.

“He asked if I had a girlfriend or kids and I said I had two. He said ‘I hope they die of f**king cancer’. I’m determined to see this through to the end because of what he said.”

Police were called to the incident and last night Kensington detectives returned to the actor’s home to arrest him and take him for questioning. Grant had his fingerprints taken and provided a DNA sample. His other arrest was in Los Angeles 1995, when Grant was fined £1,000 for the Divine Brown incident.

Scotland Yard could not confirm the names of those involved on Tuesday, but said they were investigating an allegation of assault in Chelsea.

A spokeswoman added: “A 46- year-old man was arrested and has been bailed to a date next month.

I always take these incidents with a big grain of salt. Yes, what he did was pretty damn immature, but seriously I don't have much pity for people who's lives revolve around pushing people's buttons and constantly invading their privacy. I think they both need a time out.

Liesje said:
I always take these incidents with a big grain of salt. Yes, what he did was pretty damn immature, but seriously I don't have much pity for people who's lives revolve around pushing people's buttons and constantly invading their privacy. I think they both need a time out.

Exactly. I think I'd be a little pissy too if someone was trying to take my picture every moment of the day.

Liesje said:

:up:

Smarmy photographers. A person who is constantly followed and harrassed like that is bound to eventually snap.

Down Under said:
“I walked backwards and he walked after me. He was effing and blinding at me. He kicked me hard three or four times then kneed me in the groin.
:huh: he walked backwards, while he was kneeing him in the groin? it's not like hugh's some big, burly guy. i would've ran the hell away as soon as he came after me in the first place, but i guess that's just me.

even if this whole incident is true, that's so rude for him to ask him to smile when he can tell the guy was upset. i don't think the paparazzi deserves to get beat up, but a lot of them definitely need a lesson in privacy, manners, and kindness.

elevated_u2_fan said:

Good lord! He looks like Donald Duck!! :lmao:

Omg he really does! :lmao:

I like Hugh he's always been one of my favorite actors. Feel what he did was pretty childish but than again the photographer wasn't in the right either. Think both parties involved could learn a lesson from this.

Yea when I read about Hug I :lmao:!!! I am sure he was lured by the paparrazzi tho, probably taunted and pushed past his limits. Celebrities deserve their privacy and I believe many of these celeb-pap face-offs are due to papparrazzi crossing the line with taunting, name calling and pushing issues that cause celebs to go off. Hey, it gets a story, it makes them money and famous AND oftentimes gains thousands of dollars if incidents end up in messy court cases. :rolleyes:

If you look at the second shot with Hugh kicking the guy, the pap looks quite happy -sing-" I'm in the money"

Back
Top Bottom