How's your Engrish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_212 said:
talking about dumb signs and such

Our local newspaper had this headline last year

"Man Found Dead in Cemetary"

:ohmy: are you serious

I was gonna send it in to Jay Leno but I never got around to it
:lol: made me laugh out loud badly lol

I can't laugh too hard because I've been forced to say stuff that I'm about 20% sure of in face to face encounters in France. Years later, I still don't know what I said to a gendemarie. Eventually he just laughed at me and told me to get out of France.

Muggsy said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

*hope I won't see my own posts here* :uhoh:

No way, your English is great! :up:

better than mine probably :reject: :lol:

There's some really funny ones on the menu at our favorite Chinese restaurant. I'll have to take my camera next time...

U2democrat said:
Need I bring up the scene from "A Christmas Story"?

"Deck da haws wif boughs of horry fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra"

The best part of the movie :up:

and it's a classic.

oh btw...there really was an EXTRA dead body in the cemetary...just a very poor headline indeed...it happened last year, yet you could stilll walk up to anyone who lives here, say "man found dead in cemetary" and have them :lmao:

On the chopstick wrappers at our local chinese restaurunt it says something really goofy but I odn't have on here handy so I can't recall what that is and I'll have to get back to you on it

U2democrat said:
Need I bring up the scene from "A Christmas Story"?

"Deck da haws wif boughs of horry fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra"

:lmao: I read this while I was on the phone, and it was all I could do to not laugh out loud. Great movie!! :D

My cousin had a Chinese friend who adored deviled eggs, and once asked her "Can we make some more of those demon eggs?" My cousin had to think about it for a while before she realized what her friend was talking about.

My favourite is still 'Don't Leave Knives In Children'... I haven't checked the site lately to see if its still there, but its still good for a laugh, even after 5 years.

I'm a huge Romeo and Juliet fan, so when my dad came across these silly Romeo and Juliet pendants, basically, they're heart shaped and one has got blue on it and says "Romeo", and the other has pink and says "Juliet". The main point is that on the back of each there's a little heart with an arrow, and when you push the two together, they light up and a creepy voice says "I love you" three times. Very juvenile, but the instructions on the back are a bit Engrishy:

* The keynote of this product
- When you are contacting each pendan it will say"I love you"
- If you contact 10times everyday, you could use during 2years. (The battery is not changeable)

* Caution
- Do not use this product for any other purpose.
- Do not attempt to disassemble
- When you contact each pendant, make sure that correct position.
- Do not expose to moisture or water.

Puncuation and spelling is left exact. Not as funny as some of the ones on the sight, but this one's all mine, so I like it.

beat-off-militants.jpg

oh really:eyebrow: ...:lmao:

GibsonGirl said:
That site's hilarious. :lol: I wish it wasn't based purely on poor translations, because I could have sent them this photograph I took near Trinity, Newfoundland:

trin3.jpg

I still don't understand this. Mind you, Newfoundlanders practically have their own language anyway.

I see my paint job is holding up quite well! :happy:

Oh site is just too funny! :lmao: I can hardly see anything coz my eyes are fills with tears of laughter!! :lmao: Here's the funniest one I've found so, far....

suspicious-supermarket.jpg

...I nearly fell off me chair I was laughing so hard!!! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom