How's everyone's soccer skills?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yo all

just wondering that we all arent sitting here just watching it unfold and actually contributing on the field and being legends in your own lunchbox?

me, myself?
either im a goalkeeper- who gets pissed off whenever the strikers aim for my posts

or a centre back

er.. just make sure youre not on the other team whenever i go for a tackle, you usually end up feeling it

i only play a little now, with friends and stuff. but in my hey day i was a star striker for the peel region rep squad. i am ambidextrous with my legs when it comes to futbol so i could play on the sides as well and, though i wasn't that small or fast, i could run hard throughout the game.

im average. i play indoor soccer every sunday so i guess i kepp my skill level up for that.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

A cross between Niall Quinn and Tore Andre Flo
biggrin.gif
Well, I'm definitely striker material, the big target man, wouldn't say I'm that good, regular indoor soccer player though, just love playing it for fun
smile.gif

I picked up the sport after college in 1995 and have been playing co-rec summer league ever since. I play sweeper or stopper. My dribbling skills aren't strong, but I am hard to beat defensively.

I used to be a pretty good goalkeeper
then I ended up being a few inches too short

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 03-12-2002).]

always played right wing because of my questionable defensive capabilities..I had a fair bit of speed and agility which was a lifesafer against some of the defenders I had to face during college especially..*never play with people 3-4 years your senior*..how I never broke anything playing these guys on a daily basis I'll never know

I used to play forward when I was on poorer teams, but now I much prefer midfield. I'm generally better at defending the ball, but I pass pretty well too. I need to work on my dribbling though.

Wish I had more time to play.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I'm a fair defender, actually quite good in the defending part, really few get past me, but my own footballing skills aren't that good (UNDERSTATEMENT!!!) But then again, my knee won't allow me to play football in competition anymore, which sucks......

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

[This message has been edited by Vorsprung (edited 03-15-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom