Howmuch tapes/CDs do you posses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
I've got

1) 13-14 audio CDs ( approx 130 songs)
2) 27 mp3 CDs ( approx 2700 songs)
3) 50 odd tapes ( approx 500 songs)

Out of these, 10 audio CDs, 17 mp3 CDs, 15 tapes are those of english songs ( english meaning - language english )

I'm sure people out here have 100s of audio CDs. Lets see who has the max audio CDs. I am sure no one has fewer than me

AcrobatMan

I have about 60 studio CDs/compilations/singles, but I've only been doing this music thing for two years so I think it's a decent return

I have about ten self-made tapes, and 15 self-burned mix cds

Well I can only make estimates here.

*CDs--over 300
*Bootlegs--around 50 (mainly U2, plus Boss, Radiohead, the White Stripes, Coldplay)
*Cassettes--over 100 (although I've gotten rid of a lot)
*Mixes--probably around 20 on tapes, over 30 on CDs, plus lots from friends--I'd say 40 more at least
*Records--about 100
*12' singles--5
*45s--well over 100

I think I've covered them all.

hmmm, according to guzzlefish I have 291 cds, but Im aware of at least 20 that are not in thier database and about 40 I have yet to enter...sooooo

bout 350 cds....

I have approx. 225 original CD's and..

about 10 'singles' CD's...

burned CD's: one 2-disc live U2 bootleg of the Vegas Elevation show and one 2-disc U2 raritites compilation, both sets given to me by friends...

somewhere between 5 and 10 "bargain bin" CD's (i.e. CD's for which I paid .99 - 1.99), which I don't count with my other CD's...

some vinyl, but not too much. However, I just purchased an old rebuilt turntable from the late '50's/early 60's so I will be buying more vinyl.

Last edited:
:hmm:

Do I have to?

I guess for me it's something like:
300 - 325 CD's
150 - 200 CD singles (have to count them again)
~ 100 bootlegs (mainly U2, but also Bruce Springsteen and some other artists)
~ 20 mix CD's (ICDE! :hyper: )
About a dozen tapes, but I never even look at them
Vinyl? Unknown.

:crack:

Marty

i've got about 500 (i'd say about 150 are bootlegs and mixes that were burned) cds, around 150 tapes, and about 50 records (both singles and full albums).

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Sis, you have WHITE STRIPES bootlegs?!?!?! :combust:

I also have some Ryan Adams, Wilco, and Jeffy Tweedy solo shows, so add 10 more to the other number.

I just realized that I have the Joshua Tree in almost every format I have. I have it on CD, cassette, and vinyl along with 12" singles and 45s.

*dork*

Last edited:
Around 80 CDs
Around 80 tapes (I'm old, OK? I grew up on tapes and it took me forever to break down and buy a CD player)
Maybe 10 vinyl records
Around 25 mixtapes/mix CDs I made myself or someone else made for me

Last edited:
Lara Mullen said:

You may think like that for a moment, but if you think a bit more about it...
Think about all the great music out there you don't have (yet). Then you realise you don't have enough! :uhoh:

:wave:

Marty

I've only been doing the whole CD thing for a few years, but...

about 300 + CDs...
30 odd tapes

I don't earn enough money to feed this addiction :crack:

I dread to think. I honestly wouldn't know, even ball park figure. I've been breeding cd's since I was 13 and we got our first cd player. I've got a few boxes of discs at mum's house and my sister has quite a few of them.
CDR's etc...Too many. There's piles and piles of them in here and they're mostly unmarked. God only knows whats on half of them. I can honestly say I will probably never find out either because it would be a cow of a job to find this out.
Last I counted tapes (back in 1990 or something lol) it was about 100 maybe? 5 of those cases or so which hold about 20 tapes each.
I think I have about 1000 mp3's on a few different cd's from various backups.

I want a music fairy to come and organise it all for me.
:slant:

Maybe 10 or so cassettes.
Over 160 CDs (need to count).
4 or 5 mixes.
10 or 15 burned albums.
20 or more bootlegs.
5.27 GB worth of mp3s, over 20 hours worth, over 300 files.

TylerDurden said:
2000+ cd albums, and probably about 200 singles.
100 or so CDR's.
No idea how many tapes.
Maybe 30-40 vinyl albums.

Question is how many of these did you pay for? ;)

Me? I'd guess 300 odd CDs.

Back
Top Bottom